Preemies
Options

AW: rolling and eating (and mommy SLEEPING!)

Scarlette is 8.5 months old (adjusted 5 months) and she just rolled from her back to her tummy for the first time!

She's kind of backwards, she hasn't gone tummy to back yet. She has PT b/c of her arm fractures and even though they've healed she hasn't shown any interest in rolling when we do her PT. And then all of the sudden she wanted a toy and just flipped herself over!

Now I have a mobile baby :)

And we went to the GI this week and he says we are officially ready to start rice cereal with a spoon! She only gets a tablespoon a day at night and we have to watch to see if she tolerates it but I am SO EXCITED.  The feeding therapist comes today to teach us how to feed her. It's so weird that someone has to teach me how to feed my baby. I've fed tons of babies but b.c she has grooves in her mouth + NG tube aversion, they want the therapist to work with us.

And the most exciting news for me? I GET TO DROP A NIGHT FEEDING! I'm allowed to let her sleep for 6 hours as long as I add in 2 half feeds during the day. I have not slept through the night in 8.5 months and 6 hours of sleep sounds like the most amazing thing ever. I know we were talking on here recently about the whole "having a newborn forever" thing and I feel like I'm finally moving a bit out of that stage. 

We also were allowed to start weaning her blood pressure meds this week! Overall her doctors are all really happy with how she is doing. I am too, I can't believe my little 25 weeker is so healthy! Best summer ever! Thanks for letting me share!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickersPhotobucket Keep up with Scarlette at http://kaylaaimee.com

Re: AW: rolling and eating (and mommy SLEEPING!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"