April 2011 Moms
Options

So sad

I know I don't have to tell you ladies to keep those precious babies in their car seats, but here's a reminder anyhow.  This poor, poor family.

https://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news%2Flocal&id=8259297 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So sad

• Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member

This is very sad but a child not in a car seat is neglect and they say it was an accident?  Before any one flames me.  Yes there was an accident but the death of the child was NEGLECT on the part of the parents.  I believe all 50 states have car seat laws.  I know the parents will have to live with this for the rest of their lives for a choice they should have known better to make.  

I wonder if they had her out because she was crying for what ever reason.

This just makes me sad and mad at the same time so I had to vent. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Heart breaking.

I agree with you, though, Holly. This was a stupid, senseless, and very likely preventable tragedy.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSouthSideDrea:
    imageGHBEA:

This is very sad but a child not in a car seat is neglect and they say it was an accident?  Before any one flames me.  Yes there was an accident but the death of the child was NEGLECT on the part of the parents.  I believe all 50 states have car seat laws.  I know the parents will have to live with this for the rest of their lives for a choice they should have known better to make.  

No flames here, ITA.

I totally agree. Babies need to be in their carseats, even if they are fussing. Pull over if you have to, but holding a baby in your lap is absolutely neglect.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ughh this kills me. I would NEVER have my baby in the car without her harnessed completely in her carseat. I even wait for the keys to come out of the ignition before I even unbuckle her (if DH is driving). Also I sit in the back next to her carseat if i am traveling with anyone else.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageGHBEA:

Yes

• Options
    I've been out on walks multiple times babywearing Liam and can't tell you how many friends stop and ask if they can drive us home. I know it's just in my neighborhood, but there's no way I'd risk it. And they seem shocked when I refuse!
    MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"