D.C. Area Babies
Options

Hunger Vent

Dear nursing body,  I understand that you need 500 extra calories a day, and truthfully, I love giving you those calories.  It's my excuse for daily ice cream, heaping granola on my yogurt and extra peanut butter on my sandwich.  The problem is, I just don't have unlimited snacks at my desk for when you think that I don't bring enough food to work.  This is the second week you have made my afternoons difficult and sent me raiding the vending machine.  I really hope you'll like the bowl of oatmeal I just made.  I'm out of quarters.  

Re: Hunger Vent

• Options

I am right there with you! My issue is that nursing is not helping me lose weight because my body is craving snacks and food so much. I feel like I'm constantly hungry.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    OMG, I feel like I eat my weight in food!!  I'm actually worried about going back to work because I don't feel like I can possibly eat this much at work from a time frame perspective.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagevtkendra:

I am right there with you! My issue is that nursing is not helping me lose weight because my body is craving snacks and food so much. I feel like I'm constantly hungry.

The weight is definitely coming off slower this time since DS doesn't nurse nearly as much as DD did, yet I still feel hungry ALL the time!

imageimage

TTC #1 Cycle 14 - IUI#1=BFN, IUI#2=BFP | TTC #2 Cycle 8=BFP!! imageimage

• Options
    Word.  Nursing (or in my case, EP-ing) made me ravenous.  I'd bring lots of healthy snacks to work, and even then I'd raid the vending machine.  Sometimes you just need processed food.Stick out tongue
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    imageHikerBride07:
    imagevtkendra:

The weight is definitely coming off slower this time since DS doesn't nurse nearly as much as DD did, yet I still feel hungry ALL the time!

I wonder if it is just a second pregnancy thing.  With DD, I was back at pre-pregnancy weight by 4 months and then lost an additional 10 lbs.  At 6 months post-partum, I am now 3lbs from pre-pregnancy weight.  My fingers are crossed I'll get there this summer sometime.  What I really need to do is tone though.  Even though I am only 7lbs heavier than my rock star weight, I am two sizes larger...        

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"