2nd Trimester
Options

Gender Predictor Urine Test accuracy

I'm only 11 weeks but am considering trying the gender predictor...wanted to ask you ladies first though.  Did it agree with your ultrasound results?
BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gender Predictor Urine Test accuracy

• Options
    I did the Intelligender Test at 12-13 weeks and it predicted a boy, but at 19 weeks, we found out we are having a girl! Big waste of $30 in my opinion, however, if you want to do something cheaper, you can always do the baking soda test. Pee in a cup, add 1tbsp of baking soda; if it fizzes you're having a boy, if it doesn't, you're having a girl.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I read the reviews on Amazon and it sounds like the thing always always predicts a boy.... so I guess it's accurate 50% of the time?  :)
    Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Never heard of the baking soda test before!  May try it, thanks!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

hmm i gotta try that one too never heard of it..

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

There are a million posts on here about this. 

There is nothing, NOTHING in your urine that can indicate the sex of your baby.  This test is nothing but a scam...100%.

Send me $20 and I'll tell you.  And I'll be just as accurate.

Also, you might want to check out the search function on here.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I alwayas love reading how worked up pregnant women get about this. Youll get a lot of flaming for sure.

I tend to agree though, if there WAS  a urine test that could predict gender acuratly, don't you think it'd be used in doctors offices, and sold by more than one company (like pregnancy tests are?) 

The reality is its just a novelty, not a diagnostic tool. But sure, it can have a whopping 50% accuracy.

My Signature won't work! I am a proud mommy of two (1&3) and starting an adventure to help a family having a baby through surrogacy. ***My Surrogacy Blog*** http://www.themandyloo.blogspot.com
  • Options
    imagepalmtreemandy:

I alwayas love reading how worked up pregnant women get about this. Youll get a lot of flaming for sure.

I tend to agree though, if there WAS  a urine test that could predict gender acuratly, don't you think it'd be used in doctors offices, and sold by more than one company (like pregnancy tests are?) 

The reality is its just a novelty, not a diagnostic tool. But sure, it can have a whopping 50% accuracy.

I didn't see anyone getting worked up.  IF you were referring to me, I was simply saying that it's a complete and total scam.  She won't get flamed...she'll be informed.  Isn't that the purpose of this board?

• Options

I don't think anyone is getting worked up, it's just incredibly tiring that this question gets asked all the time.

When I first heard about intelligender, I searched forums and reviews as I was skeptical that the idea of finding gender from urine was even possible. My searches proved my skeptism was warranted, so I never needed to make a post about it.

It just seems like common sense that you should know it's not possible, but people insist on believing in it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

No no, no one is getting worked up on this post.

But come on gals, In the past two years Ive read plenty of intelligender posts that got pretty heated. If you haven't seen them yet, just bide your time. :)

My Signature won't work! I am a proud mommy of two (1&3) and starting an adventure to help a family having a baby through surrogacy. ***My Surrogacy Blog*** http://www.themandyloo.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I'm not trying to be harsh but I never understand why people think the baby leeches DNA from within your uterus and somehow it makes it to your kidneys to be expelled as urine.  It makes no sense.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options

imageMissBHaven1024:
    you can always do the baking soda test. Pee in a cup, add 1tbsp of baking soda; if it fizzes you're having a boy, if it doesn't, you're having a girl.

This! was wrong for me 2 times... All the OWT  were wrong for me but it was fun to do anyways...

• Options
    Everyone I know that took the test got a boy as result...but some had girls...
  • Options
    imageMama Jan:
    I read the reviews on Amazon and it sounds like the thing always always predicts a boy.... so I guess it's accurate 50% of the time?  :)
    MAMA JAN! I don't know if you remeber me (jhil on the nest when pg with Caleb and Finley) And now here preg with our thirds, congrats to you! How are you?
    Finley Belle 12/27/07 Ezra Bennett 10/02/09 Josephine Pearl 12/31/11 H is for Hillman
  • Options
    imagepalmtreemandy:

No no, no one is getting worked up on this post.

But come on gals, In the past two years Ive read plenty of intelligender posts that got pretty heated. If you haven't seen them yet, just bide your time. :)

Oh no, I've absolutely seen them.  And they're always ridiculous.  Because someone posts the most assanine response ever:

"it's just for fun ladies, so back off!!"

I have yet to figure out what is "FUN" about taking $40 and throwing it away.  And they say they know there's no accuracy to it, and then still throw the money away.  Stupidity tends to make people mad, hence the flaming.  Especially stupidity in a pregnant woman...

• Options

imagePitterPat11:
    imageMama Jan:
    MAMA JAN! I don't know if you remeber me (jhil on the nest when pg with Caleb and Finley) And now here preg with our thirds, congrats to you! How are you?

How fun!  I do remember you!  Congratulations on #3!!

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    There's nothing in your urine that can predict the gender, so there's a 50/50 chance it will be right.
  • Options
    all the predictors i did were wong. lol. everything from the urine test you buy at the store to all the old wives tales. all wrong!!! all said girl, im having a boy!
  • Options
    I would only do it for entertainment purposes. It's really only a 50/50 chance of being right!
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• Options

If you want to throw money away, pee on a quarter and flip it.

Heads = boy

Tails = girl! Stick out tongue

DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Mine was right!
  • Options
    QmommyQmommy member

imageMissBHaven1024:
    I did the Intelligender Test at 12-13 weeks and it predicted a boy, but at 19 weeks, we found out we are having a girl! Big waste of $30 in my opinion, however, if you want to do something cheaper, you can always do the baking soda test. Pee in a cup, add 1tbsp of baking soda; if it fizzes you're having a boy, if it doesn't, you're having a girl.

You have a 50% change of it being right.  But as others have said, you can't predict sex from mom's urine.  I agree about the baking soda test.  It was free and I did it.  It was wrong but I did it and saved $30!  :) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    QmommyQmommy member

imageMissBHaven1024:

You have a 50% change of it being right.  But as others have said, you can't predict sex from mom's urine.  I agree about the baking soda test.  It was free and I did it.  It was wrong but I did it and saved $30!  :) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    It was right for me. Maybe a fluke. I only did it cause a family member bought it for us as a gag gift. She swears by it. Apparently it was right for all 4 of her kids but once again as every other lady will tell you on this site... 50/50 shot. That thing was right when all the wives tales were wrong but I wouldnt rely on it at all!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageLauraM18:
    It was right for me. Maybe a fluke. I only did it cause a family member bought it for us as a gag gift. She swears by it. Apparently it was right for all 4 of her kids but once again as every other lady will tell you on this site... 50/50 shot. That thing was right when all the wives tales were wrong but I wouldnt rely on it at all!

See that's the thing.  It was DEFINITELY a fluke.  There's nothing in urine that can tell you the sex of the baby.    And someone "swears by it"??  *sigh*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"