Tennessee Babies

Sweetwater....anyone? please??

Our family just moved to Sweetwater, TN and we don't know ANYONE. I'm a stay at home mom, and our daughter Sadie is 9 months old. Ive been trying to find some mommy and me classes but I'm having a hard time. Is anyone in the area or know of ANYTHING that will get me out of this house and around other moms?

Re: Sweetwater....anyone? please??

• Hugs! I know moving to a new place is hard anyway, but Sweetwater is just a little place!

I spent a summer with a friend that lived there, and we had to head to Knoxville for anything big.

Maybe try some of the local churches to see if they have moms groups or something? 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Well, I am gonna agree with pp.  Get involved with a church.  They are usually your best bet in small towns like Sweetwater.  I grew up just down the road from there.  It has next to nothing for young parents.  If you head to Lenior City you should find a decent size church, and that way you don't have to drive all the way into Knoxville.  Good luck to you!  Cool
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I grew up around that area and my parents live in Lenoir City and there is not much in Sweetwater. I agree with pp about contacting a church to find out if they have any groups. Is there a community center? You may have to drive either 20min north to Lenoir City or 20min south to Athens for more activities.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'm not sure about Sweetwater but  I live in Lenoir City and there are several things here and in Farragut which is your side of Knoxville.  Mom2mom at First Baptist Concord in Farragut will start in September.  I don't think the link is updated but I do know they are meeting on Wednesday's.  https://www.fbconcord.org/#/adults/mom2mom

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"