Health & Exercise
Options

jogging stroller vs traditional stroller?

Hey everyone, my DH and I are starting to seriously look at baby necessities. For baby strollers, he?s interested in a jogging stroller and not the traditional one. I refuse to purchase 2 strollers so my question is: Can jogging strollers be used indoors and not look ridiculous? For instance at the mall, museums, etc? It just seems like a jogging stroller would be more sturdy but is it practical and can it be used EVERYWHERE? I personally would rather get a jogging stroller but I need input if anyone has some to offer.  Thanks!

image image image BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker DH: 25 Me: 24 *Married April 7, 2007* -Baby #1 due January 2012- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Phil. 4:6

Re: jogging stroller vs traditional stroller?

• Options
    We have the BOB revolution and I think that it can be used in stores just fine, but I really prefer to wear my LO, so we rarely bring it.  As long as your jogging stroller has a swivel wheel I think you will be happy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We had a jogging stroller as our main stroller. Like the pp it was much easier for me to wear the baby in a carrier at malls and indoor places. With two I wore my youngest in the carrier, and used a cheapie umbrella stroller for my toddler.
    Caroline (5), Kyle (3), Lucy (01/04/12)

2012 Goal: working towards pre-pregnancy speed!
    04/15 KI Metric Marathon/16.3 m (2:05:55, 7:43 pace)
    05/06 Frederick 13.1 (1:41:09)
    11/04 NYCM
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I went through the same internal debate when I was shopping for a stroller. I knew I wanted a jogging stroller, but definitely didn't want to purchase two strollers. After some asking around, a lot of friends and family told me they had used jogging strollers as their main strollers and loved them. I ended up going with the Baby Trend Expedition LX stroller and can't wait to use it!

https://www.ChroniclesOfABabyMama.blogspot.com

First time mama-to-be! Due to have a BOY on November 24, 2011! :) www.ChroniclesOfABabyMama.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I am registering for the BOB revolution and then a "fancier" umbrella type stroller. So we will have a small one for backup in case we need it. I figure for $40-50 I can get one that reclines and grandma/grandpa can use it or we can just keep it in the trunk just in case. I also plan to wear baby a lot in stores...
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies.  You have all been SUPER helpful. :)
    image image image BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker DH: 25 Me: 24 *Married April 7, 2007* -Baby #1 due January 2012- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Phil. 4:6
  • Options

as of right now if I can get away with it, Id just have a Jogging stroller.  (but I have heard that you can't put the kid in there till around 6 months ish)

also, using a jogging stroller indoors will actually help keep me motivated to stay in shape I have seen ppl use them when they don't seem to be runners at all. 

• Options

We have both, but mostly use the BOB.  Our fancy umbrella stroller is a Maclaren Volo.  I wish I would've researched it because the straps are awful and it doesn't seem like DD will fit in it for a long time.  

There are advantages to a smaller stroller.  My BOB takes up my entire trunk.  It is a pretty big stroller and doesn't fit well in aisles of tightly packed stores.  

That being said, you can get an umbrella stroller for SUPER cheap.  No real need to make the mistake I did and spend big bucks on a secondary stroller. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Options
    Just a jogging stroller is fine, but it MUST have a swivel front wheel or you'll be miserable using it for anything other than jogging. If it's a fixed front wheel, you have to lift the front wheel any time you want to make even the slightest turn. We have a BOB revolution, the stroller that came with my travel system, and I'm sure we'll buy an umbrella stroller in the near future.
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We are crazy and bought 3 strollers.  The jogging stroller is the one we use 99% of the time.  The travel system is very rarely used, and the umbrella stroller only goes on trips.  The jogger is so much easier to maneuver and handle, whether we're running or shopping.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"