Preemies
Options

Vent: So annoyed!

Hi ladies-

I do not post that often, but I do lurk and follow everyone's amazing progress Smile I thought I would share this story with you as most people would not understand.

My son was discharged from the NICU over 3 weeks ago and they sent me home with (supposedly) all of the breastmilk in their freezer/fridge (we did not store any at home as the told us to bring it all in). Unfortunately, my BM has dried up Sad and we are now EFF.

Yesterday the NICU calls me up to ask me when I will be picking up the rest of my breastmilk!? 3 weeks later! Are you kidding me?! LO has been off of BM for over 2 weeks and has reflux so we cannot switch his food now especially because we mix rice cearal with the enfacare and he seems to being doing much better.

Ugh!! I'm soo annoyed at this. He could have been getting BM for a few more weeks/days anything would have helped. Oh well...

Hope everyone is having a nice day Smile

Re: Vent: So annoyed!

• Options
    kck329kck329 member

Oh wow...I'd be mad too! Did you ask why the mix up happened? That's SO frustrating especially because you can't use it now.

I can think of two options-pick it up and use it in purees and cereals as he gets older if you can store it in a deep freeze. Otherwise, would you be interested in donating it so another NICU baby can use it? I donated some of mine and it was pretty easy. 

So sorry this happened!

• Options
    imagekck329:

Oh wow...I'd be mad too! Did you ask why the mix up happened? That's SO frustrating especially because you can't use it now.

I can think of two options-pick it up and use it in purees and cereals as he gets older if you can store it in a deep freeze. Otherwise, would you be interested in donating it so another NICU baby can use it? I donated some of mine and it was pretty easy. 

So sorry this happened!

These are the 2 options I can think of too.  Sorry that happened.  That really stinks!

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"