Connecticut Babies
Options

Anyone deliver at Hospital of Central CT or UCONN?

I'm possibly looking for a new OB/GYN.  Any recs that deliver at one of those 2 hospitals?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers M: 31 DH: 34 Dx: PCOS, Endo, Uterine Septum Ovarian Wedge Resection - May 2009 BFP #1 - October 2009 = DS BFP #2 - June 2011 = DD (Total Surprise!) Tree nut allergy in DS diagnosed 4/2012. Currently working with EI for SPD and possible ASD.

Re: Anyone deliver at Hospital of Central CT or UCONN?

• Options

I delivered both DD's at HOCC-New Britain with Dr. Roy. He is out of New Britain OB/GYN on Hart St in NB and also has an office in Southington, and I think he is beyond fantastic.

My first stay there was stressful as DD was in the NICU, but the nurses were amazing. The second stay was ok, one of the nurses was not so nice and I asked that someone else handle my labor. The surgical nurses were great.

• Options
    I see a doctor at the new britain Grove Hill who will deliver me in New Britain.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes at HOCC. My ob/gyn was Dr Haverly at grove hill. She gave up her practice as of 12/31/2010. Figures right? My baby was born on 1/04/2010. She introduced me to Dr Kellie Mottschman in late November. I had an emergency c-section. Everything went absolutely great. I even got out of the hospital a day early. This was my second baby, 12 years apart. I had both babies at HOCC. The nurses, interns, everything was great.
  • Options
    Dr. Park and Dr. Alkass at the UCONN Health Center are very nice, but avoid Dr. Walsh. He is extremely arrogant! When I asked him if I would be tested for gestational diabetes again before leaving the hospital he was short with me and said I'm not going to do it. I asked him when I could resume a normal diet and he said as far as he is concerned I can eat a box of donuts right after the delivery...I was like um, one might be nice, but isn't a box a bit excessive... I don't eat poorly anyways and resent that comment. When I asked him how bad the recovery from the C-section would be he said to me, "That depends on how big of a wuss you are." That really didn't answer my question either. He also told me that I would be a good candidate for a c-section. When I asked him why that was he told me that it is because I am not 400 pounds. Then he went on to tell me that I should be walking 2 miles a day everyday beginning now...I am almost 8 months pregnant and it was my impression that you should never begin a new exercise program while pregnant. This guy is a total jerk and I am seriously considering reporting him to the hospital. I wont be seeing him again! If you want a great OBGYN go see Dr. Ursula Steadman located at 499 Farmington, Avenue, Farmington, CT. She is amazing. The only reason why I am no longer with her is because she only delivers at St. Francis in Hartford and I didn't want to go there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"