Hawaii Babies
Options

baby jogger city mini

i've spent hours upon hours doing research on strollers, and i think i've finally decided to get the bjcm.  those of you who have it (i know at least a few of you do!) - do you feel like the seat is upright enough for your LO's?  that's the only thing stopping me from getting it. 

E loves to look around - whenever we go anywhere new, he's constantly looking left, right, left, right, taking everything in.  the bjcm is a little reclined, and i imagine the "sidewalls" also restrict the view a bit.  do your LOs just sit upright and not lean back?  or are they happy to relax against the seat? 

i tried to test one out the other day, and I noticed that E was holding his head forward to try to be more upright.  not sure it will be comfortable for him?

aaaugh, what should i do?  i'm so sick of researching strollers.  i like everything else about it, and i'm hoping this will be our one and only stroller, so I want all 3 of us to love it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: baby jogger city mini

• Options

Us! We have one :-)  It's probably one of my fave baby purchases ever but... I do find that LO is reclined somewhat and 'can't' look around as much.  He's fine to sit back however my parents have a Joovy something or other stroller at their house and he can sit up/forward in it and I think he really loved it.  Having said that I'm sure he doesn't mind because we've used it from the get go but if we did have a different stroller he'd be used to sitting forward, I guess.  I loooooove how easy it is to fold... love love that.  Also love how maneuverable it is.  I also believe the newest models have a more solid back to them?  We have the 2010 and the back isn't solid, iykwim?  If E likes to sit forward it may not be the stroller for him? :(  

ETA: I have a photo in my Hawaii album on FB of how LO sits in the stroller... he isn't too reclined but it's not quite the same as the Bugaboo and Graco strollers a couple of my friends have.  

I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

• Options
    we have one, too.  it took K a while to get used to it (the more reclined position), but he just holds on to the belly bar and looks out.  When he gets tired of that, he'll lean back and hook his feet over the belly bar to relax :)  I LOVE the ease of this stroller - we travel a lot and it's worked well in India, London, Amsterdam, Hawaii and San Francisco.  The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that when folded up, the seat faces outwards.  Other than that, I'm super happy with our purchase. :)  
    **a girl from Hawaii, living and driving in South India**

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageexpatjen:
    we have one, too.  it took K a while to get used to it (the more reclined position), but he just holds on to the belly bar and looks out.  When he gets tired of that, he'll lean back and hook his feet over the belly bar to relax :)  I LOVE the ease of this stroller - we travel a lot and it's worked well in India, London, Amsterdam, Hawaii and San Francisco.  The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that when folded up, the seat faces outwards.  Other than that, I'm super happy with our purchase. :)  

We wanted to get the belly bar but it has slipped my mind lately.  Thanks for the reminder!  I think J would love holding on to it :)  

Sandra, you could always get the tray or belly bar for E? 

I love Hawaii!

• Options
    thanks ladies!  that makes me a little less worried.  we ordered the orange and gray one, and the belly bar Big Smile  i hope we all like it! 
  • Options
    MrsZizMrsZiz member

We have the BJCM double and love it. I would recommend the Sunshine kids parent console. Way cheaper than the BJ one and works great!! 

Tara- I just bought the back boards for ours since its a 2010 model to help keep the seat straighter. They were $15 each (I needed 2) on albeebaby.com.

Now I'm thinking about the belly bar, do you ladies love it? 

• Options

Yay, I'm glad you ordered one Sandra!

Thank you Sarah! I am about to order the backer board right now, so glad to hear you were able to get them :)  

I love Hawaii!

• Options
    imageMrsZiz:

We have the BJCM double and love it. I would recommend the Sunshine kids parent console. Way cheaper than the BJ one and works great!! 

ooh, i've heard other ppl recommend the sunshine kids parent console too - is it this one?

• Options
    MrsZizMrsZiz member
    imageSanHawaii08:
    imageMrsZiz:

ooh, i've heard other ppl recommend the sunshine kids parent console too - is it this one?

yep thats it! It's on sale at BRU now for 15% off too :) I was thinking about buying another for the other side.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"