Illinois Babies
Options

I'm pregnant, and nobody I know is...

It's absolutely no fun going through this all on my own.  I'm eight weeks, extremely sick most days, and I feel all alone through this process.  I'm due 1/23/12, anyone else due around this time?

Re: I'm pregnant, and nobody I know is...

• Options
    I'm due in October, so a bit before you but I'm also the first of my friends in the city to have kids. You will meet great people here, at day care, etc. From what I've read, eight weeks is the peak of morning sickness. So you should be feeling a bit better soon. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    I'm due 1/27, so I'm also feeling pretty miserable most days.  I'm also the first of my friends to be married, or pregnant, so I know how you feel.  Are you in the city or suburbs?

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm due around 2/17, so I'm only around 5 weeks with no M/S yet. I am, however, in your boat that I'm just about the first one of my friends who is pregnant.  I also feel kind of not fun since I can no longer partake in many of the scheduled summer activities (that involve drinking or roller coasters, etc) but can't explain why because we aren't telling anybody until 12 weeks. 

I'm on the north side of the city.  Where are both of you?

• Options
    I'm due 1/16 and live in the near West/Western burbs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with my first, I met a lot of other moms-to-be through prenatal yoga. If you can find some type of prenatal exercise class or similar group it is a great way to meet other people who are experiencing the same things. Good luck!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Have you thought about taking a childbirth class?  I'm a childbirth educator in Chicago and Homewood (south suburb).  I first trained with the Bradley Method and then with Brio Birth.  It's a 10 week course that helps you prepare for labor, delivery, breastfeeding, postpartum and newborn care.  You meet like-minded people that are going through the same thing you are, as well as learning all you can about childbirth and your newborn.  We give you a whole host of resources for both during pregnancy and after.  Email me at lizbowen99@yahoo.com, if you have any questions or want to inquire about a class.  Congratulations!  This is an exciting time!

• Options
    ekpyneekpyne member

I can definitely relate! I'm due 1/14/12 and the pregnancy was unexpected. None of my friends are even at the point in their lives of even wanting kids and I'm waiting until 12 weeks to tell everyone except immediate family and a few very close friends. I found out I was pregnant the day before I was offered a job, so it's been stressful keeping this a secret at work (especially because one of my two co-workers just left on maternity leave 2 weeks before I started and the other has a 4-month old at home).

I'm definitely interested in meeting up with some people in the city who can understand what I'm going through. I'm 26 and not married (but in a serious relationship), and still getting used to the idea that I'm pregnant. So if anyone wants to talk and maybe eventually meet up that would be great!

• Options
    i also just started a new job and nervous about telling them. im going to wait a few more weeks i think.... i also just found out my cousin's wife is expecting her 2nd 3 weeks after me. so thats pretty exciting but we dont live very close. 
  • Options

I am due a bit after you--not very far along at all, just hitting 5 wks.  No morning sickness yet but very nervous for that--but food aversions starting all over the place.  

I am 27 &  in the northern burbs & would love to connect with others in similar positions.  Let me know!

• Options

Hi, I'm 33 and in my first pregnancy, only about 6 weeks along but if anyone does end up planning anything in the city I would love to meet some first time moms. I moved here about 3 years ago and still don't quite have a group of girlfriends, we have my husbands friends and their wives but not quite the same & no one seems to live all that close to us. I work downtown kind of near Willis Tower if anyone ever feels like  doing lunch. I'm quite flexible with my schedule most days. 

So this weekend I went to my first party & didn't drink...anyone done that yet? Its weird and I'm sure will feel more normal once I actually look pregnant as this time only some knew why I wasn't drinking.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm due 1/31/12 and I'm in the Northern Burbs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"