Cincinnati Babies
Options

Ikea cribs FYI

I'm not a regular poster so I apologize if this has already been posted here (though I haven't seen anything, at least on this board).

DH & I took a trip to Ikea to get/look at a few nursery things.  I noticed NO cribs at all in the show room, including the one we picked out (Leksvik, which is recommended by Consumer Reports).  So I asked the lady working if that crib had been discontinued.  She told me ALL cribs have been pulled from the store due to new regulations about drop side cribs, none of their cribs complied.  They will have new cribs, but not until December.

I'm pretty bummed since we already got the matching dresser and the new Leksvik will be available in white or black-brown.

Just thought I'd pass the word along to anybody considering their cribs.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ikea cribs FYI

• Options
    That surprises me, because I know they carried at least three or four cribs that didn't have drop-sides, because we almost bought one when our other crib was recalled. Strange. I wonder if they are just starting from scratch????
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

There are new standards for ALL cribs that began in June sometime.  It basically said that all cribs manufactured before June do not meet the new standards.  Along with drop side's now being banned, they require stronger mattress supports and crib slats, better hardware...things like that.  So basically every one who already has a crib has one that doesn't meet current standards.

https://www.cpsc.gov/onsafety/2011/06/the-new-crib-standard-questions-and-answers/

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That makes sense and I am glad Ikea are redesigning them.  I need to get a toddler bed for DS2 in the next few weeks I hope they didn't pull those too!
    DH - 42 Me - 36 DS1 -15 DS2 - 3 DD - 1
  • Options

imageMissbollinger:
    That makes sense and I am glad Ikea are redesigning them.  I need to get a toddler bed for DS2 in the next few weeks I hope they didn't pull those too!

They had plenty of toddler beds!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"