Preemies
Options

Prevacid when will you work?

My girls have reflux and the zantac did nothing, so now we are on to prevacid. If you have used this did it help and how long did it take to see improvement. We try to let them sleep in their bouncers during the day, are there any other tricks to help them feel better? TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Prevacid when will you work?

• Options
    kck329kck329 member

Our pedi said it can take up to 2 weeks to know if it will work. It took about a week for us to see a real noticeable difference and now prevacid is our favorite of the many reflux meds we've tried.

Are you holding them upright for 30 minutes after each feeding? And burping more frequently? Have you tried the hot water bottle? Those all seem to help DD a lot. 

Good luck!

• Options
    Yes we keep them upright, holding them and then move them to bouncers. Burping seems to be the girls enemy they try really hard not to. We work really to get them to burp during and after. What does the hot water bottle do?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We saw a noticeable improvement within about 4 days, but it took about 2 weeks to see the full benefit of it. Great med, though, worked miracles in our house, I hope you have the same luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like we saw some improvement after a few days, but ultimately what helped us was moving off of a feeding schedule and onto on-demand feeding (which you might already be doing). When the ped GI gave us permission to do that, it was night and day for his reflux.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Sometimes holding them laying on their bellys across your arm can help. I know a lot of people like the fisher price rock n play sleeper. The Moby wrap was "baby prozac" according to my DH.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"