Philadelphia Babies

Highrisk OB/GYN rec needed

Hi ladies. I'm trying to help SIL find an ew OB/GYN that works wit hhigh risk patients. She wants to start TTC, but her current OB/GYN at Temple just stopped practicing.

Open to most hospitals, preferrably one with a good NICU.

I figured since we have so many pregnant ladies and ladies that just had babies, this would be the best place for info.

Re: Highrisk OB/GYN rec needed

• When i was in Lankenau (26 days of hospital bedrest and then 74 days of son in AMAZING NICU), I was seen by their high risk group consisting of Dr Gerson and Carlson.  They were great,  I also met other women on bedrest that had traveled really far to see these doctors and utilize the Lankenau NICU.  I assume I will be high risk if for any crazy reason I decide to have another baby and I would definitely enlist this team.  My regular OB/GYN is Lawrence Park OBGYN and they work closely with the high risk team.  I cannot say enough wonderful things about Lankenau's antepartem unit and NICU.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Dr. Parry was my high-risk doctor.  He's a top notch doc with good bedside manner.  You don't find that too much.  He practices at HUP in the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Department.  

For my regular OBGYN care, I use the practice @ 37th and Market.  I request to see Dr. Birkland (woman) or Dr. Bader (male).  They have other docs and 2 Nurse-Midwives as well.  I liked those 2 docs the most tho.  Dr. Birkland also has another office on the 1st floor of the Gates Building @ HUP. 

ETA:  They have a NICU that's pretty decent and CHOP is right next door. 

• Loading the player...
  • I also recommend Main Line Perinatal at Lankenau which is Gerson/Carlson/Donenfeld(Bryn Mawr) and Nancy Roberts.

Although my regular OB delivered my daughter, Dr. Donenfeld performed my amnio at Bryn Mawr earlier in the pregnancy, he was awesome.  I had to visit this practice at Lankenau weekly late in my pregnancy due to my age and a couple of other risk factors.  I saw Dr. Roberts who is also the Chairman of OB/GYN for Main Line Health.  She was great.

I also have a number of friends whose babies were delivered by Gerson and Carlson. They all love them! I can't say enough about the practice!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"