Detroit Babies
Options

MI Leave Laws

Hello all :o)

I am scheduled to go back to work at the end of August......I am wondering what the laws are in MI, if any, regarding returning to work from Maternity Leave. I am still unsure if I am going to continue to work......If I go back to work and then decide I would like to stay home, do I need to stay for any certain amount of time before I put my 2 week notice in....legally? Just not sure if there are any laws regarding this....I guess I am assuming that since I have collected leave that I have to go back to work for like 90 days before I can quit.

Thanks!!!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: MI Leave Laws

• Options

I don't think there is a Michigan law, I think it is dependent on your office policy.

I do plan on going back to work, but the policy at my office is I have to work at least one day after leave or I have to pay back all of the employer paid benefits. I would check with your HR office or look and see if it is in any of the paperwork you received before you went on leave.

• Options
    Oh ok.... I read through our Policy and didn't see anything but that is a good idea to contact my HR Rep just in case.......I don't want to have to pay my leave back that is for sure....Thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Contact your HR office, at my work you don't have to come back at all. You can call, write a letter etc on your return to work day and tell them that you are not coming back and you are not obligated to pay back any benefits! 

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"