Health & Exercise
Options

Dizziness, blacking out? XP

Help diagnose me ;)... 

For the past week I have been feeling dizzy/nauseated/faint off and on. I also started to slightly "black out" (not totally black out, just where the edges of my vision started to get dark, if you know what I mean). While jogging the other day, I had to stop and take a break because I almost really  passed out on the sidewalk.  I have felt weak and shakey off and on, too. I have only felt like I might pass out a few times, one being while jogging. But I have felt very shakey for a couple of days straight. Over this weekend, I have been feeling better, though. No idea why...

Also, I am breastfeeding and some times when I am nursing I start to feel queasy(sp?). I also have not had much of an appetite. It's like I will be really hungry, but once I actually start to eat, I have to make myself finish. I just lose my appetite. It's really weird. I have always had a pretty healthy appetite. I have also always jogged and have never felt like I might pass out. It's weird!

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions/advice are appreciated. TIA!

XP: BF, Ap 11, Babies: 0-3

Re: Dizziness, blacking out? XP

• Options
    I do plan to see my Doctor. As I said, I have been feeling better this weekend, but can't call about it until Monday morning. I just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this and what was causing it for them. Thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    Could you be anemic? I become anemic sometimes when I have my period, and was also anemic with both pregnancies. The symptoms you're describing are very similar to how I felt before I started taking iron pills.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageCrash Into Me:

I think it's past time to see your doctor about this.  Really, it's nothing to mess around with and certainly nothing that anyone here can help you with.

My common sense degree says that not eating is leading to low blood sugar, possibly low blood pressure.

All of this.  Only the dr can say, but I'd guess low blood sugar.  Before I wised up, I used to eat mostly carbs and a very low-fat diet (too many "lite" foods that were sugar/fat free) I'd often get that shaky/passout feeling if I wasn't eating like constantly.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Definitely time for a chat with the Doc as well as having some blood panels run to figure out what element in the cog is going on.  Could be anything from anemia to a vitamin deficiency to dehydrated.  It's something that should be evaluated though...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This happened to me a lot in 2nd tri and was a result of anemia, low blood pressure, and some under-hydration.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"