Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

At 12 DPO should temps be falling if not pregnant??

Its my first month charting so I'm a newbie.  I don't know what a typical chart should look like.  From what I know though, my chart looks pretty good.  My temps have been rising, at 12 DPO its now the highest this month.  Is this a really good sign?  If AF is on her way, should they be falling by now?  Or is it normal for temps to get high around 12 DPO and then fall and then AF?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35ea56

Thanks! Big Smile

Re: At 12 DPO should temps be falling if not pregnant??

• Options
    It depends.  Everyone is different.  My temps typically drop on 10DPO and I have an 11 day LP.  (My period comes on 12 DPO)  So it drops two days before my period shows.  But again, everyone is different.  Some don't have a drop until after their period already has come.
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Your chart looks great and it can be a good sign, but there are some women who have beautiful charts and still get BFN's. It can go both ways. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagempenzi77:

Its my first month charting so I'm a newbie.  I don't know what a typical chart should look like.  From what I know though, my chart looks pretty good.  My temps have been rising, at 12 DPO its now the highest this month.  Is this a really good sign?  If AF is on her way, should they be falling by now?  Or is it normal for temps to get high around 12 DPO and then fall and then AF?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35ea56

Thanks! Big Smile

Honestly, I usually get a high temp right before they start to drop. I typically have a LP of 15 or 16 days and my temp starts dropping at 13 or 14 DPO. 

• Options
    Everybody is different. I didn't get a temp drop until CD 3.
  • Options

Why all of the discarded and open circle temps?  I'm not actually sure that you ovulated when FF says you did (might depend on your answer to the question).

There were some cycles I had pretty high temps late but they still ended up crashing down.  Although, on my BFP cycle, when my temp was still up at 12 dpo I thought it was a little off and got my BFP that day.  Bottom line, who knows!  GL :)

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    As PPs have said, it varies from person to person. 
                                                                                   4.24.12                                                                            5.7.14
                  imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby #2 Chart

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    If you want to see what typical charts look like go to FF and on the left side of the page you'll see a link for chart galleries.  You can browse through lots of other people's completed charts.  I've done this quite a bit and found that there are no strict rules to what is going to happen when.  You'll see some trends.  But it's like PP have said...
  • Options

In my opinion your charting is looking promising, but like PPs said everyone is different and some people don't even get a temp drop until after AF shows up. I have been temping long enough to know what my body normally does so I can't give you any advice based on person experience.

I'm also a bit curious about the discarded temps though. 

BabyFruit Ticker

photo 1d770d91-53d1-4538-bdc8-2350dc996755.jpg 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BFP #1 - 8.23.11 | EDD 5.4.12 | Natural MC 11w6d
    BFP #2 - 2.27.12 | EDD 11.9.12 | DD #1- 11.2.12!!
    BFP #3 - 4.12.14 | EDD 12.24.14
  • Options

I have a 14 day LP, and my temps don't start to drop until 13 dpo.

Good luck!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks for the replies everyone!  That's pretty much what I figured, everybody is different and until you know your own patterns its hard to say what's going on.  I'm staying cynical though because I know how it is every month, getting convinced I'm pregnant only to be let down by AF's arrival!  Angry

I discarded some temps because the high ones before O were when I was already up and moving around for over an hour.  I'm such a newbie I didn't realize you had to temp first thing in the morning when waking up!  The other temp was on a day I was sick with flu, so its probably higher than it sould be.

Anyways, I'll wait it out and see if temps drop and AF comes.

Thanks again and GL to you all!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"