Houston Babies

Jack or Jill Test - - Were your results accurate?

I got my results today from my Jack or Jill blood test (boy!) and I'm just curious what everyone else's experience was with the results and accuracy?    My anatomy scan is until 20 weeks, so I have a while to wait to actually confirm for me that this is an accurate test.  :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image

Re: Jack or Jill Test - - Were your results accurate?

• Accurate for both boys...

From what I understand, a boy result is practically guaranteed to be accurate because it indicates the presence of a Y chromosome in your blood. 

Congrats!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You have a message.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • they are more accurate than an anatomy scan.  congratulations on your little boy!  :) oh, and yes, ours were accurate with dd -- surprising, but accurate  :)

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Ours was accurate about DS!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageTexasPaige:

Accurate for both boys...

From what I understand, a boy result is practically guaranteed to be accurate because it indicates the presence of a Y chromosome in your blood. 

Congrats!

This. It was accurate for DD.

I asked my OB about it, and she said she'd never had one be wrong. I asked the u/s tech and she said she saw about a 90% accuracy rate for girls, much higher for boys. (It might be wrong for a boy only if you hadn't had any spill-over.)

Since it tests for the presence of the Y chromosome, if they say boy it's going to be a boy. If they say girl, there's a chance it's wrong, as the absence of something is not conclusive.

imageimage

• The blood test is actually more accurate than the ultrasound because there's potential for more user error with the ultrasound.  I think I read that ultrasound is 90% accurate at 20 weeks and the blood test is 96-97% accurate. 

Congrats on your baby boy! 

• They didn't do them yet with my first in 2005 (at least it wasn't offered), but with my daughter, it was accurate.
  • Congrats Britany!  Mine said boy also, and at the 20 week ultrasound, Dr. Davidson said she was pretty sure it was a boy...but he was being kind of shy. Then, and the 30 week ultrasound...definitely a boy!

We'll find out in 6 weeks or so for sure though!  Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedobiemom08:

Congrats Britany!  Mine said boy also, and at the 20 week ultrasound, Dr. Davidson said she was pretty sure it was a boy...but he was being kind of shy. Then, and the 30 week ultrasound...definitely a boy!

We'll find out in 6 weeks or so for sure though!  Smile

Thanks!  Congrats to you too! Wow can't believe you're almost to the end!  I had my NT on Monday and I saw Dr. Davidson this morning and she said she thought my results for the Jack or Jill were in, so she got to tell me.  Which was awesome! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • yep!...and all friends that did it were accurate too. My OB said she's has never had it be wrong.
  • Yep!  We had one done with our NT Scan at 14 weeks.  20 week ultrasound confirmed--it's definitely a girl.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"