Postpartum Depression

does this sound like PPD?

I'm having a lot of trouble adjusting to being a SAHM this summer. it's just not for me. It's ridiculously hard having them both here, especially b/c C is going through a major sleep regression so I'm up all night and she doesn't really nap, and K is going through a spawn of Satan phase. It's awful. John came home at 3 on Friday because I sounded so miserable.

Anyway, I'm already having some major anxiety about this week. I'm trying to make some plans but C doesn't sleep anywhere but the crib, and she hates the car, so it's hard. The thought of all of that unplanned time is overwhelming.

I want to enjoy my summer with my kids. I hate that I'm dreading this time so much. It makes me feel like a bad mom.

So here's the reality check I need: normal behavior and I'll adjust to it over time as they get used to my being home again OR PPD that I need to see my doc about? This is exactly how I felt when I was home with Kate on maternity leave. I'm 100% sure I had PPD then and did nothing about it. And if you've been treated for it, what did you do and do you think it helped?

I don't want to spend the time wishing away these months. please help :(

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut

Re: does this sound like PPD?

• I've gone through spurts of having the exact same feelings and have recently started wondering if the same things.  I feel like if its PPD, its mild bc, for me, having plans and staying busy really really helps.  I do have alot more anxiety than I ever had pre-kids though, so maybe its something more.  Sorry I can't help, but you are not alone!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"