South Florida Babies
Options

natural birth friendly OBGYN

Hi everyone

I am new to the bump and was wondering if anyone could recommend a natural birth friendly OB-GYN. Whether it is a female or a male really makes no difference.

I am located in Aventura and so far I have been going to Mount Sinai in Miami Beach but I really would like a doctor who after 20 mins won't jump to a C-section, we have considered a mid-wife but in my opinion there are emergencies that can't even wait 5 minutes or whatever time it takes to transfer to a hospital, so I guess that's out.

:)

Thank you!

BabyFetus Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family

Re: natural birth friendly OBGYN

• Options

What I did was find a midwife that practices with an OBGYN practice and delivers in the hospital...in my opinion, the best of both worlds.

The group is in Boca Raton though, Women's Health Partners.Maybe you could call them for a Miami referral? Good luck!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

call Vivian Keeler of Amazing Births and Beyond...we took her hypnobirthing class in Hollywood....she may have a recommendation (954) 456-0850 or at (305) 215-8763

here is a link on their website for some recs too

https://www.amazingbirths.com/birth center lmrefferals.php 

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My OB is fine with unmedicated birth. My BFF goes to her also, she switched from someone at Mount Sinai and she is planning on an unmedicated birth and when she told the OB, she was supportive and fine with it.

Her name is Marion Lacombe, she has 2 offices one in Hollywood and one in Miramar.  https://www.myobdoctor.com/

image image

• Options
    Flor, I would just like to say hi!! :) Love you! Any luck finding an OBGYN?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

happy to recommend my CNM, Marie Claudia, she works with an OBGYN in Hollywood and out in Pembroke Pines.  They deliver out of Memorial West.  I had a great experience at that hospital and Marie Claudia has been wonderful and supportive of our wishes.

In my opinion the best of best worlds, Medical support of a top of the line hospital, Dr available for the unknown and a CNM to support by wishes.

Dr. Office number is: 954-431-700

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary
  • Options
    I don't know of any specific doctors in your area, but typically any doctor with a D.O. after their name as opposed to an M.D. is more likely to look at the whole picture and approach things more naturally or holistically.  Also, OB practices with midwives in them are usually more understanding.  Not necessarily suggesting you go with a midwife, but the doctors that work with them generally "get it" as far as wanting to go natural.  Regardless of who you end up with, just talk to them.  They have to be respectful of your wishes.  Don't go nuts on them with a 10-page typed report about your birthplan, just tell them what you want and don't want.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Thank you ladies, I am going to look into all your rec's

btw Nat, I love you too!!!! :)

BabyFetus Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"