Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

First dr apt after second miscarriage

After two miscarriages...the last of which took almost two months before labeled ectopic and straightened out I decided to switch Drs.  Within almost ten minutes of talking to the Dr I was told he believed I had edometriosis in my tubes.  He said it wasn't worth testing through laproscopy yet.  He believed he had enough information to make an accurate diagnosis...and he believed that I had passed my last pregnancy to my abdominal cavity thats why all the confusion with what was going on.  He stated if there was no other abnormalities then he would have us try one more time...if we lost again then he would go to more drastic measures...such as IVF possibly.  My husband and i have already decided we would never go down that road we would rather adopt.  Its a lot of information to take in and its hard to hear the words out of the Drs mouth...INFERTILITY...as if the lossed weren't enough.  He did a lot of testing bloodwork wise...they are doing an HSG...and then testing my cervix.  I should know more on August 10th...fingers crossed no more bad news.
After three miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy we are currently pursuing adoption. " Born not from our flesh, but born in our heart. You were longed for and wanted and loved from the start."

Re: First dr apt after second miscarriage

• I am so sorry for your losses and the possible infertility diagnosis.  As you can see in my siggy - we are currently dealing with the harsh infertility label - our diangosis is MFI (male factor infertility).  When you speak of the tests above, you don't mention whether or not your DH has had a SA?  Usually, that is where the Drs start as it is much less invasive than the tests women have to go through.  Although, our testing is usually inevitable.  Anyway, I thought I would mention it - it takes two...

Good luck sweets.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Can I ask how you lost your first? Another etopic, CP, BO, missed m/c? I'm curious how he can make such a quick diagnosis. There are more options out there for endo before jumping into IVF!!! My best advice is do your own research! You are getting pg which is one positive thing. EDIT: Sorry I don't mean to make that sound like other people. I meant "if" you have endo, being able to get pg is a good step. KWIM?? 

Please let us know how your other testing goes.

~Jess & Mike May 12, 2007
    12.6.07 CP at 5w
    5.21.08 BO discovered at 7w, D&E at 8w3d
    8.31.08 CP at 4w5d
    BFP Sept 25, 2008 bfp buddy lkstor Landon born June 6, 2009
    3.25.11 missed m/c discovered at 9w6d, D&E at 10w2d
    4.28.11 MTHFR a1298c homozygous discovered
    4.2011 Began NaProTechnology
    10.12.11 Diagnosed with Type III Luteal Phase Defect
    10.2011 Starting hcg injections on 5, 7 & 9 dpo
    BFP 12.7.11 - EDD 8.14.12 - IT'S A BOY! Fruit Baby
    Life During and After RPL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry this took so  long to respond.  There were a lot of things going on as well as the ectopic.  I should start by saying my first miscarriage was a BO.  This recent ectopic went on for two months with them trying to take care of it...a large amount of bleeding and pain with numbers going up down left and right.  The dr i now have says he suspects the pregnancy was actually in the abdomen.  As for the endo in the tubes diagnoses there were a lot of issues...two day period, week late ovulation with pain lasting a week, painful urination and bm with period...etc etc.   it was not just the pregnancies that were the issue.  His issue with me continuing to use the tubes in one tube is severely damaged from the last eptopic even without surgery and he worries that will create a life threatening issue.  I agree with him one hundred percent.  ON that note we are continuing our testing but hae started to look in the direction of adoption....
    After three miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy we are currently pursuing adoption. " Born not from our flesh, but born in our heart. You were longed for and wanted and loved from the start."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"