1st Trimester

OK that is it!!! Not happening!!

124»

Re: OK that is it!!! Not happening!!

• Your vagina heals, and actually very quickly. A c-section leaves a permanent scar.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
    Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
    Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am having an elected c-section due to health concerns.  Mainly, I can dislocate my knee so easy that child birth would not be a good idea.  I found an obgyn who would do it. However, she is going to list the pros and ocns tha tgo a long with it.  My mom had one and she recovered fast.  My neighbor across the street said she wishes she would have had a c-section with all three instead of just her last one.  I wish you luck and hopefully your doctor will let you choose.
  • Loading the player...
  • pjg090pjg090 member
    I don't know what half the acronyms on here mean.  There is a glossary on the bottom left that can help you with that.  I have to look stuff up on there all the time.  I hope everything goes well for you.
    BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker image
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am having an elected c-section due to health concerns.  Mainly, I can dislocate my knee so easy that child birth would not be a good idea.  I found an obgyn who would do it. However, she is going to list the pros and ocns tha tgo a long with it.  My mom had one and she recovered fast.  My neighbor across the street said she wishes she would have had a c-section with all three instead of just her last one.  I wish you luck and hopefully your doctor will let you choose.

Anatomy class wasn't one of my strong suits in high school, but I'm pretty sure the baby comes out of your vagina, not your knee.  Am I missing something?

• imagejenifairies:
    imageerwon:

Why is it when people start talking about their right to choose delivery methods the benefits for the baby (and mother!) going through a vaginal birth fly out the window!?

Babies born via c-section don't go through the birth canal, and thus are not exposed to a multitude of healthy bacteria.  This bacteria is important for the proper formation of the baby's immune system and digestion track.

Babies born vaginally have had the amniotic fluid squeezed from their lungs, thus helping breathing after birth.

Mothers undergoing c-sections have delayed or impaired milk production for breastfeeding.

Finally, mothers and babies of vaginal deliveries experience significantly higher levels of oxytocin (the love hormone) and therefore experience significantly higher amounts of bonding.

oh, puke. my dd was born c/s and had no problems. she was never even sick until she got strep this feb after starting at dc. i also nursed just fine and "bonded."

I second that

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagezeadfly:
    imagejenifairies:
    imageerwon:

Why is it when people start talking about their right to choose delivery methods the benefits for the baby (and mother!) going through a vaginal birth fly out the window!?

Babies born via c-section don't go through the birth canal, and thus are not exposed to a multitude of healthy bacteria.  This bacteria is important for the proper formation of the baby's immune system and digestion track.

Babies born vaginally have had the amniotic fluid squeezed from their lungs, thus helping breathing after birth.

Mothers undergoing c-sections have delayed or impaired milk production for breastfeeding.

Finally, mothers and babies of vaginal deliveries experience significantly higher levels of oxytocin (the love hormone) and therefore experience significantly higher amounts of bonding.

oh, puke. my dd was born c/s and had no problems. she was never even sick until she got strep this feb after starting at dc. i also nursed just fine and "bonded."

I don't know about you, but I just can't bond with my c/s babies! Maybe I should see if they can put them back in me so I can try and push them out the "right way"! Maybe then I will finally know what true love is.

/sarcasm

YesBig Smile

• imageJ&JSuiter070205:
    Your vagina heals, and actually very quickly. A c-section leaves a permanent scar.

::Butting in.::

Your siggy confuses me - aren't Irish twins two babies that are born within a year of each other? 

::Butting out::

• imageMamaMcBroom:
    What the eff did you think was going to happen?? That you could put a little Crisco down there and the baby would just bolt out like a luger? What is the matter with you?

I had to post cuz this made me ROFL so damn hard I almost puked

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagemooshagirl:
    imagebreeburgos:
    @guppysown UM no im not trying to be funny, although it is a little funny that im so scared. But are you serious?!! Obviously im not JUST learning how babies are birthed. That is just a really stupid ass rude comment!! But I never knew the actual details of everything that happens. Its terrifying for me and i just voiced my opinion, maybe the next time you have a thought you should just let it go!
    Um, are you for real?? Everything guppysown said is true about having a c-section and I agree that you do sound really immature. Not all vaginal deliveries cause tearing and the doctors will do an episiomity if they think you're going to tear. The recover time is much quicker and you don't end up with a scar on your abdomen. You should talk to your doctor about the risks associated with a c-section and then make an informed decision that not based on your snatch getting messed up.

I've had 2 kids and I didn't tear either time, it just depends on the person.

• erwonerwon member

I'm very glad that all of your babies are healthy and happy!  When I posted the information about bacteria/milk/bonding, I was talking about Tendencies, not what happens to all babies.

I was trying to be persuasive against Elective c/s.  I completely agree that emergency c/s for whatever reason is the best choice to get a healthy baby and mother.

• imageLegalPawn:
    imageRedWingsFan:

imageJ&JSuiter070205:
    Your vagina heals, and actually very quickly. A c-section leaves a permanent scar.

::Butting in.::

Your siggy confuses me - aren't Irish twins two babies that are born within a year of each other? 

::Butting out::

Yes, yes they are.  I wonder the same thing every time I see her siggy. 

BTW, great to see another Wings fan!

Yeah, it is. But hey, she's only 2 months off.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagekcvasquez:

imagebreeburgos:
    Ok well first off I have no idea this was such a hot button topic. Second I have no idea what MUD is?! Third I never thought birth an any form was a cake walk, easy or using crisco would just let the baby fall out!! I just had no idea that all this happened and the details of what happens. It totally freaks me out. I never thought well great the stork will drop the baby off or yes a surgery is going to be a cake walk. I am aware either way they are both hard work. But I dont want my vagina for those who dont like whoo hoo, was going to be so tramatized in so many ways!! Either way this was not meant to start a lashing of ridiculous! I was just totally freaked out. Thanks to those who were supportive!! 

I bet if you said "I don't want a c-section, no way, no how!....." People wouldn't be as mean. There's a stigma about not wanting a vaginal birth, trust me there are some flame throwers out there that would almost rather have a baby die than have it be cut out of them. God forbid it not be "natural." Just saying, there are fears with everything in life, don't let this be one of your biggest. 

You are about as informed and helpful as the op.  Seriously, the extreme comment about "have a baby die than have it be cut out," is as BSC as the op!

The Big Sky Country Welcomes Us Home!
  • imagebreeburgos:
    Ok well I get that I am gonna bleed anyway, that is fine. But this sizzle, ass soaking, witch hazel, tear my ass open, ripping itchy stitches b/s is in no way going down!! ITS MY VAGINA damn it. This baby is taking over and thats ok i am sooo happy. But its my vagina and I have to have it forever!! I can work my ass off for new abs lift tuck whatever!! No amount of keagle is gonna fix my ish! Plus the advise of the keagle after birth um excuse me but WHEN my vagina has now merged with my ass!! Im swollen what exactly would you like my to squeeze?!! ok im laughing a little as i freak out but seriously!! NO way too much! 

Are you 12?  

ChallengeAcceptedMeme_TwoParty
  • the hospital ran out of Crisco so they just had to give me forceps, which definitly streached my vag and made my insides fall out! Too bad a cork is to small! :(
  • imageames17:
    Ask your doc about the stork option. Totally painless.

Where is the "like" button?

• I just have to say that I don't care if I have a million stitches, swollen, bleeding for months, or if it never goes back to normal as long as my baby is healthy and safe thats all that matters to me. After having a m/c you kind of have other things to worry about and my vagina is not at the top of my list...GL to you!

• Uh, tough tookie sugar cookie!

C/S are not what you think they're cracked up to be. FTR, my whoo-hoo is not the same even after my c/s. Your body completely changes after having a baby. Your hormones go wonky and things don't quite go back to where they were. Get used to the concept now.

And any doctor that lets you have an elective c/s is not doing you any justice. DS had to go into the NICU after birth and one of the big issues he had was TTN (granted he was 6 weeks early, but this was a complication due to the c/s, not just because of the prematurity). There is a physiological reason why babies get pushed through the birth canal. One of those reasons is to push the amniotic fluid from their lungs.

No offense, but you're going to have to learn to not be so selfish. It's no longer about you or your pretty little vagina.

Welcome to Motherhood.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• I just want to say that I've had 3 children vaginally and it went back to 'pre-owned' condition after 3 months. No tears (I'm fortunate, I know) and H not only 'doesn't mind' the way 'it' looks, he loves it.

I have to say, if it does somehow end up looking like meatloaf after your vag delivery, your partner should love you enough to NOT CARE. Really, if something goes terribly wrong you can always have reconstructive surgery and get a designer vagina. Things can be fixed.

I also had a med-free delivery this last time. My other two were epidural births, and I have to let you know that the med free delivery was the best one yet!

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • None of you have any need to worry. No im not 12! 27 and married, and i miscarried. the baby had no heat beat. so surgery tomarrow. thanks for all the overwhemling support. YOU TO ALL THE *** FUCKED UP UNSUPPORTIVE BITCHES. THANKS A LOT. Go yourselves sleep on that!!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • DUH....
  • any doctor that says "yes you can have a c/s" right off the bat is the wrong doctor to have and they are just another reason why our medical insurance costs so much.
  • imagekcvasquez:
    imageRach03k:
    imagekcvasquez:

imagebreeburgos:
    Ok well first off I have no idea this was such a hot button topic. Second I have no idea what MUD is?! Third I never thought birth an any form was a cake walk, easy or using crisco would just let the baby fall out!! I just had no idea that all this happened and the details of what happens. It totally freaks me out. I never thought well great the stork will drop the baby off or yes a surgery is going to be a cake walk. I am aware either way they are both hard work. But I dont want my vagina for those who dont like whoo hoo, was going to be so tramatized in so many ways!! Either way this was not meant to start a lashing of ridiculous! I was just totally freaked out. Thanks to those who were supportive!! 

I bet if you said "I don't want a c-section, no way, no how!....." People wouldn't be as mean. There's a stigma about not wanting a vaginal birth, trust me there are some flame throwers out there that would almost rather have a baby die than have it be cut out of them. God forbid it not be "natural." Just saying, there are fears with everything in life, don't let this be one of your biggest. 

That statement is almost as ridiculous as the OP. 

FWIW, I have had both a c/s and a vaginal birth and I preferred the vaginal birth. I support mothers who choose elective caesareans, but I retain the right to ridicule the kind of nonsense present in this post.

OP - trust me when I tell you that pregnancy, birth, and parenthood are not always going to be pretty. Quite frankly, the way your "ish" looks is probably not going to be high on your list of concerns in the very near future. Best of luck to you.

Ummmmm.....in no way was I saying anyone in this post was referring to rather having a baby die than a c-section. But TRUST ME when I tell you I have been on that natural birth board plenty of time and literally one comment written was "it's not in God's will to have your baby born any other way than vaginally. No medical intervention whatsoever." I was in shock when I read this, and I couldn't find the nerve to respond. So it is out there. Obviously people posting here seem to have more common sense, but I have been made to feel bad about my c-section so I hate it when other's use the term "real birth" or the "normal way to have a birth" when referring to a vaginal birth. I don't take c-section lightly and I am considering a VBAC myself. I don't appreciate smart ass remarks though thank you very much. 

I find it funny that you "don't appreciate smart ass remarks" since you come over to the natural birth board and give them all the time.

I am sorry that you have been made to "feel bad" about your c-section but you don't need to make others feel bad about their birthing choice. I would think if you don't like it then maybe you wouldn't do it to others?

• i wrote "poor girl" because she come on here thinking that she could post her feelings,and as misguided as some of you think she is, instead of maybe giving her sound advice and trying to guide her, you called her names, said she is immature and stupid and made all sorts of degrading and mean comments.  Which is ironic, because the "adult way" to deal with your feelings about her comment would not be the way most of you handled it. 

I think anyone who gives birth at home or under water is completely nuts but I would NEVER say to them the things that were said to her.  It is YOUR choice how your baby enters this world and if that is the way the you deem is best for you and your baby, who am I to tell you differently.  And what do you all care so much.  It is not your baby, or your body. 

• imagebreeburgos:
    None of you have any need to worry. No im not 12! 27 and married, and i miscarried. the baby had no heat beat. so surgery tomarrow. thanks for all the overwhemling support. YOU TO ALL THE *** FUCKED UP UNSUPPORTIVE BITCHES. THANKS A LOT. Go yourselves sleep on that!!
    Please don't take things too personally. We're all Internet strangers... But your original comment engendered criticism because it seemed pretty immature.??

I am very sorry for your loss. The loss boards here can be a good deal of support to you.??

??

(that or this is truly mud ether way, I feel bad for you)

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• imagestargazertechie:
    imagemarriedfilingjointly:

I am having an elected c-section due to health concerns.  Mainly, I can dislocate my knee so easy that child birth would not be a good idea.  I found an obgyn who would do it. However, she is going to list the pros and ocns tha tgo a long with it.  My mom had one and she recovered fast.  My neighbor across the street said she wishes she would have had a c-section with all three instead of just her last one.  I wish you luck and hopefully your doctor will let you choose.

Anatomy class wasn't one of my strong suits in high school, but I'm pretty sure the baby comes out of your vagina, not your knee.  Am I missing something?

Dislocating a joint is extremely painful, and if someone was holding her leg while she was pushing and her knee got dislocated, I'm pretty sure that would ruin any focus and concentration.

I have hyperextensive joints, and I can't really blame her. I've dislocated a knee walking before, and it was enough to render me speechless as my roommates carried me down the stairs of my dorm to drive me to the ER. 

This is exactly why.  I can dislocate my knee from just stepping off a step wrong.  I have dislocated my right knee three times in the last two years.  It hurts very bad and I don't want that to happen during child-birth.   Once I get further along in pregnancy I have to wear a knee brace just to be on the safe side :(  I have a feeling it is going to be very uncomfortable.

• imagekcvasquez:

imageStephchern:
    I had a c-section with my first and it was horrible!! Very painful and you still bleed like you would after having a vaginal birth. I'm hoping to have this baby the right way this time. Last time I spent 4 weeks just trying to recoup from the c-section that I couldn't really enjoy my time off with the baby.

I think it's sad you think there is a "right way" for a baby to come out :(  I feel that anyway a baby comes out alive is the right way. 

The right way for me is not to have another c-section.  It was awful.  One of the worst things I've ever had to go to.  And to find out I didn't even need one and that my OB c-sections 90% of his patients....NOT ok.  Of course a healthy baby is priority number one, but we are all to quick to assume that we don't have a choice because of it. 

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• Either way can go well or rough. It really just depends.

But, statistically, there are more mortality risks for mom with a c-section. 

But the two women that I have known of in the last couple of years that have died from childbirth...did not die right away. It was a couple of days to a week post partum, so that is the time to be really vigilant. It's easy to forget that. One was a vaginal birth and I'm not sure what the other was- it was a young friend of my cousin and I felt bad prying for details- I only know that it was toxic shock syndrome.

But, in terms of morbitity, you can end up with just as many problems with a vaginal birth, if not more, than a c-section...but that is still statistically probably a little less, too. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• SO loves the vag. Duck-lips or not, it's a vag, and it's mine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageerwon:

lurking. None of this was true for me. I had to have a c-section, I didn't choose one. I had NONE of the issues you describe, I have an amazing bond with my son, he had zero issues with his lungs at birth or his immune system, the kid has been sick 1 time in 22 months. I have an amazing bond with him, and did right from the get go, and I BF'ed for 11 months until he quit.

I'm not saying have a c-section or don't, I'm just saying none of those are reasons not to have one. 

• OMG FFS suck it the he!! up!!!!  I will NEVER understand elective C/S???  If there is no medical reason to have one then why put your self through the pain that you WILL experience and the recovery was horrible!!!  I am hoping and praying that I get to VBAC!!!!
    Missed M/C discoverd at 10w5d measuring 6w6d on 12/3/10 said goodbye 12/12/10 EDD 6/26/11 "this too shall pass"

DS Born 9/29/2005 via c-section (breech)
    BFP #3 3/7/11 - EDD 11/17/11
    Betas: @14dpo-182 @18dpo-854!! @21dpo-3124!!!
    3-27-11 150 BPM!!!!
    He's a BOY!!!! Kieran Thomas

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageLegalPawn:
    imagesalt78:

imageFutureMrsTayPrince:
    gUrL get that c-sec!  I did and my va JAY JAY is still pristine Tay Prince likes my *** TYTE!

YES!!! FMTP IS BACK!!!!

What's up, lady?? How are you feeling? Still noshes?

Just when I thought this post couldn't get any better.  NOSHES SHOWS UP!!!! 

Hahaha!!!!  And the name choices...really????

Missed M/C discoverd at 10w5d measuring 6w6d on 12/3/10 said goodbye 12/12/10 EDD 6/26/11 "this too shall pass"

DS Born 9/29/2005 via c-section (breech)
    BFP #3 3/7/11 - EDD 11/17/11
    Betas: @14dpo-182 @18dpo-854!! @21dpo-3124!!!
    3-27-11 150 BPM!!!!
    He's a BOY!!!! Kieran Thomas

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"