Minnesota Babies

Kid friendly theaters/times

We would love to take DD to the Winnie the Pooh movie that comes out this Friday for her first theater movie.  Are there any places that are more kid friendly than others?  And how about any theaters that cater to a "kids only" showing or something along those lines?

Re: Kid friendly theaters/times

• First the movie so super cute "2 honey filled thumbs up" :) I won tickets to a preview show last week.

This was Aiden's first true first movie (we want to one last summer but only lasted about 10 mins so I really don't count that). 

We want to MOA (as that was were the preview was. I found it kid friendly as they had little booster seats (super cute) for them to use so they sat at the same height as us. I did go with one of my other friends who son is 1 month younger then Aiden & he didn't last the whole thing (maybe 3/4th of it) so if you think she will last give it a shot. As far as times go our show was at 10am & I thought that was a great time as it was pre nap/lunch time.

• We just took DS1 to his first movie last week.  Early mornings are usually the most empty showings to go to.  I would recommend sitting on an aisle so it's easy to get out if you need to and to have an emergency snack to pull out.  DS did really well for the first hour, but it got a little rough after that.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • K's seen two movies in the theater. The first was Gnomeo and Juliet. We went on a weekday evening, during the school year, so it was pretty empty. She did really well, but had to sit on a lap as they were the seats that fold and she's not heavy enough to hold them down. 

Then we went and saw African Cats the first week it was out. The theater had a few more people in it, but again she did really well. We saw that at Rosedale, and the seats don't fold...we just picked seats behind the handicapped railings since she's so short so she could see. 

Rosedale does do showings aimed more at special needs kids, but they'd be good for younger kids too. They don't turn the lights down all the way, the volume isn't as loud and kids are expected to be kids. I think they do them once or twice a month.

Some theaters will reduce sound and keep the lights up some for an early showing (like the first of the day) if you're the only one there to see it.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"