Pregnant after a Loss

37 weeks, hard belly

Today my stomach feels really hard.  It's not contracting because it has continuously tight all day.  Anyone heard of this?

FWIW: I was between 1-2 cm last Wednesday in case  there is a correlation with upcoming labor.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.

Re: 37 weeks, hard belly

• I have no clue what it could mean, but just wanted to say wow at how far along you are now.  Not too much longer till you meet your LO  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageGPickles:
    I have no clue what it could mean, but just wanted to say wow at how far along you are now.  Not too much longer till you meet your LO  :)

Thanks.  Dr Google freaked me out a little and then I saw that it could be common so I figured I'd ask here.

I know - it's so crazy and exciting that I'm sooo close!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.
  • Loading the player...
  • It sounds like BH, but my doc said if you get more than 4 in an hour to call.  If it's been consistently hard all day I'd give her a call, just to be safe.  Maybe that baby's on the way!!  [jealous]  
  • Clerk9Clerk9 member

Hmmm.  I've had the more temporary firm ute feelings (deeper & up to a couple of minutes long) which I chalked up to BHs.  But I've also had days where my belly felt really *tight* at about skin level (but my ute felt soft) & that could last for hours.  Is that what you're describing?  I figured the latter sensation was either from LO's position or swelling or some other weird pregnancy phenomenon & just brushed it off.

So, it looks like I'm really not any help here.  :P  Sorry! 

• imageClerk9:

Hmmm.  I've had the more temporary firm ute feelings (deeper & up to a couple of minutes long) which I chalked up to BHs.  But I've also had days where my belly felt really *tight* at about skin level (but my ute felt soft) & that could last for hours.  Is that what you're describing?  I figured the latter sensation was either from LO's position or swelling or some other weird pregnancy phenomenon & just brushed it off.

My stomach just feels really tight - the whole thing.  My mom felt it last night and was like, "Wow, that's so tight.  Maybe she's out of room?"  but on my last u/s to check fluid, she had a decent amount of space.  She still is moving as normal so I don't know if being cramped is it.  I had been having BH on and off every few days and cramping, but nothing yesterday or today.  I'm going to call when they open this morning just to mention it.  I have an appt tomorrow but maybe they''ll want to see me today instead. 

• imagejamilynn9:
    imageClerk9:

My stomach just feels really tight - the whole thing.  My mom felt it last night and was like, "Wow, that's so tight.  Maybe she's out of room?"  but on my last u/s to check fluid, she had a decent amount of space.  She still is moving as normal so I don't know if being cramped is it.  I had been having BH on and off every few days and cramping, but nothing yesterday or today.  I'm going to call when they open this morning just to mention it.  I have an appt tomorrow but maybe they''ll want to see me today instead. 

Good luck sweetie!  I'm sure everything is fine, but better to be safe.  Can't wait to hear the update. 

• I've experienced that throughout my whole pregnancy. Some days my belly would be hard and tight for a couple days then it would improve. I figured it was LO going through a growth spurt. It could also be long BH contractions, I'm having a major problem with them now. I can't even walk around without having them. It's possible it could be related to upcoming labor, so far it hasn't helped me much.
  • My stomach has been very hard this whole pregnancy. With my first it got hard towards the end. I know this is how all my friends stomachs were too so I always assumed it was normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"