San Diego Babies
Options

Moving to Southern California- HELP!

My husband and I are being stationed in Southern California in September. He is an Army recruiter, so we aren't sure exactly where we are going yet. We currently live in Northern NY, so we couldn't have gotten further from what we are used to. What is it like there? Is there a lot of family oriented things to do? We have a 8 month old son, and will be there for at least 3 years. I'm kind of scared to move so far away from family, is everyone pretty friendly? Anything you can tell me would be amazing! Its kind of hard to research the area with out being bombarded with all the "touristy" things. TIA!

Re: Moving to Southern California- HELP!

• Options

I moved here from NYC two years ago.  I think it is much more family friendly around here. It seems like everything reveolves around kids and family. which is awesome!

People are very friendly, although I think I am still adjusting to the difference. Sometimes its hard to tell how genuine people are.  But on a day to day basis, everyone smiles at you, and chit chats, which is very pleasant.

PM me if you want, and i can tell you more!!

Good luck! :)

• Options

Welcome to the west coast!

Southern California has a lot of family-friendly activities and locales. It's hard to beat the weather where it's sunny most of the year. And on the rare occasions where we have rainy weather or cooler weather there are a ton of museums and indoor play areas for families.

Plus I would say that a majority of restaurants are pretty family-friendly. At least that's been our experience.

Once you get situated feel free to send me a PM and I'll tell you more about places to go and visit and things to do. In the meantime if you have more questions please don't hesitate to ask. Having been born and raised in SoCal I am finding myself having new adventures experiences now as a mom, so I am discovering new places all the time.

GL with your move! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

SoCal is great.  I have lived here for 24 years and love it. My father was navy - so we moved all over th place.  You can not beat the weather.  If you need any information let me know... i can help.

:-)  Jenn

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"