December 2011 Moms

What is your baby listening to?

just as the topic says what is your baby listening to?

??????

the very first song i played for our baby was Don't Stop Me Now - Queen. (weird i know but we like Queen) i love Tchaikovsky so they're going to get a whole lot of him and other Classical favourites along with stuff we enjoy.

we're reading to them as well. MH is going to read his favourite book to our baby and i'm reading them Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne. when we finish those books i wanted to start reading them any of the following: the Harry Potter series, Lord Of The Rings series, the Wizard of Oz series, The Iliad, The Odyssey, Grimm's Fairy Tales, and some Lewis Carroll and Shakespeare plus many more books/stories we adore. i know i wont get through all of them but want those to be our babies first books and i plan on reading those books to them until they are too old for bed time stories.^^

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: What is your baby listening to?

• My poor baby has been seriously over exposed to my Glee CDs!

But its interesting you brough up the topic. I was reading that once born, *outside babies* can be comforted by songs & sounds that were familiar to them in utero. So I was thinking of making a special CD for baby, and starting to listen to it frequently in hopes of baby benefiting from such a theory after birth.

"If every word I said, could make you laugh - I'd talk forever".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My baby listens to whatever I listen to. But I did buy some Rockabye baby CD's which should be here any day now. We haven't been reading yet. I'm not really sure what the baby can and can't hear at this point...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • All this baby has been listening to regularly is Disney Junior and PBS kids shows and the radio in the car. I don't play music or read to the baby, not on purpose anyway.
  • For the past few days, it's been the all three seasons of Roswell on Netflix. I expect he/she to pop out humming Dido. :) We bought a couple children's books to read to the baby so our voices become familiar (which - they would anyway, but this method seemed cuter), and I lean up against the piano while my husband practices.
  • Anything I'm listening to, which right now is Bob Marley
  • QmommyQmommy member

My digestion.  :)

I'm always singing children's music and reading to my DD so this baby gets lots of sounds all day.  But right now,  he/she is listening to me chew and digest Cheez-its!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I listen to the radio at work during the day, so baby is hearing whatever my local radio station plays.  Lots of Rock for this LO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • RicolaRicola member

Nothing in particular really, whatever is on the radio.

Can I ask you why you always post in red? It is really strenuous on the eyes to read a longer post in that color. 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• imageEvenAngelsFall:

My poor baby has been seriously over exposed to my Glee CDs!

But its interesting you brough up the topic. I was reading that once born, *outside babies* can be comforted by songs & sounds that were familiar to them in utero. So I was thinking of making a special CD for baby, and starting to listen to it frequently in hopes of baby benefiting from such a theory after birth.

that is sweetest EvenAngelsFall^^

imageQmommy:
    My digestion. :) I'm always singing children's music and reading to my DD so this baby gets lots of sounds all day. But right now, he/she is listening to me chew and digest Cheez-its!

Qmommy you made me laugh

• My baby is listening to a lot of hip hop and Ghanian music (hip life in particular).  I want to start trying some classical too! This baby also gets a nice healthy dose of soft rock that I listen to at work.  I'm hoping he/she will have a balanced sense of music when they arrive.  I keep meaning to read to baby but keep forgetting and/or not allowing myself enough down time to do so.  Thanks for reminding me to do it ladies!
  • imageRicola:

Can I ask you why you always post in red? It is really strenuous on the eyes to read a longer post in that color. 

i enjoy seeing personality in what i read like different colours, text etc. i know a lot of people don't agree with that in most forums. but seeing the same text and colour over and over starts to become dull to me. i'm actually slowly changing the colour of my text from pink to purple. i know it's more logical to just change it but i prefer to be subtle. EDIT: MH said it's because i'm OCD

plus i really enjoy coding. MH does websites and i'm slowing teaching myself how to for my own website.

• imageaijah:

MH said it's because i'm OCD

Yeah, I believe it.

imageaijah:

plus i really enjoy coding. MH does websites and i'm slowing teaching myself how to for my own website.

Your husband should then be doing due diligence and telling you making text harder to read just so you can have some "personality" is a no-no.

• RicolaRicola member
    imageaijah:
    imageRicola:

i enjoy seeing personality in what i read like different colours, text etc. i know a lot of people don't agree with that in most forums. but seeing the same text and colour over and over starts to become dull to me. i'm actually slowly changing the colour of my text from pink to purple. i know it's more logical to just change it but i prefer to be subtle. EDIT: MH said it's because i'm OCD

You could always show your personality in your signature. The mix of random capitalization and this pink color is just hard to read.

But then again, I can just skip your posts in the future. Smile

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• imageRicola:

You could always show your personality in your signature. The mix of random capitalization and this pink color is just hard to read.

But then again, I can just skip your posts in the future. Smile

thanks for trolling

• imageJNicMTek:
    All this baby has been listening to regularly is Disney Junior and PBS kids shows and the radio in the car. I don't play music or read to the baby, not on purpose anyway.

This. All my baby listens to is my/DH's voice and my radio station at work. Even though I don't think it's loud enough for him to hear.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"