Birth Stories

Aurora Kate's birth story - PIP's

It's been quite the long week this past week, but wow has it flown by!  I'm excited to finally get a moment to share that we had our Baby girl, Aurora Kate, on July 2nd at 7:12 A.M. 

I will try to keep this a semi-short birth story, with all the main highlights.

We went for our 40 week appointment on July 1st.  I wasn't going to check to see if I was dilated or anything, so it was suppose to be a pretty quick and easy appointment.  But then my doctor said that she was willing to start stripping the membranes if I was interested.  Of course I was!  So she started stripping and then she stopped very suddenly and said "I think she might be a breech baby, let me go get your husband" (He always waited in the lobby when she did things like this). 

She moved us into a room for a sonogram and sure enough, she was breech.  She decided that it would be near impossible to flip her and a C-section would be almost necessary in this case.  She asked when we wanted it to be done and we said the next available appointment time we would take.  As we were worried that I could potentially go into labor before the C-section and lead to complications.  So we thought the sooner the better.  We were scheduled to have it the next day 6:45 am and were to report to L&D at 5:30 A.M.  That was only 12 hours away! 

We were stunned, as this was not what we expected at all!  We didn't know anything about C-sections or anything.  We came home, made the necessary phone calls (family, work) did the last minute things around the house and did some research on C-sections and recovery times from them. 

We went out to dinner that evening and just discussed how we couldn't believe this was happening.  It was all so quick, could it really be time!?  That night, as you can imagine, sleep was hard to come by.

I couldn't ask for a better husband, he was so great, supportive and worried through the whole thing. But he held it together great.  He was in the room during the surgery and he even cut the cord.  He was so concerned for both of us, it was such a wonderful moment and I'll never forget it. 

We are just so thankful that we found out she was a breech baby before I went into labor.  that could have led to a complicated birth story.  Plus when she was born she had her cord wrapped around her neck.  So we are just extremely thankful that the doctor said she'd strip my membranes and that she realized what was going on. 

Our beautiful Aurora "Rori" Kate was born July 1st (39 weeks, 6 days) at 7:12 A.M weighing 7 lbs 11 ounces.  We both agree, that the birth of our Aurora Kate was/is the best moment of our lives.  it was an amazing moment to hear her first cries.  This past week has gone by incredibly fast and has been very memorable and precious. 

I'm still recovering but hoping to be as good as new by next weekend. 

So excited for our new future with our newest addition to our little family! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Aurora Kate's birth story - PIP's

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"