Alabama Babies

dizzy/faint?

Help diagnose me ;)... 

For the past week I have been feeling dizzy/nauseated/faint off and on. I also started to slightly "black out" (not totally black out, just where the edges of my vision started to get dark, if you know what I mean). While jogging the other day, I had to stop and take a break because I almost really  passed out on the sidewalk.  I have felt weak and shakey off and on, too. I have only felt like I might pass out a few times, one being while jogging. But I have felt very shakey for a couple of days straight. Over this weekend, I have been feeling better, though. No idea why...

Also, I am breastfeeding and some times when I am nursing I start to feel queasy(sp?). I also have not had much of an appetite. It's like I will be really hungry, but once I actually start to eat, I have to make myself finish. I just lose my appetite. It's really weird. I have always had a pretty healthy appetite. I have also always jogged and have never felt like I might pass out. It's weird!

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions/advice are appreciated. Thanks!

XP: BF and April 11 and Babies 0-3,

Sorry for the multiple posts, I am just trying to get as much feedback as possible.

Re: dizzy/faint?

• So many things can lead you to be dizzy or faint.  Dehydration or overheating (especially with our Alabama summers), low blood sugar, blood pressure issues, anemia, etc.  No way to tell which it is unless you go in for some testing to check your sugar, iron, BP, etc. 

Obviously the dehydration is the easiest to treat... stay cool and drink more water.  I would think that BF might make you more prone to becoming dehydrated, but don't know.  Hope you start feeling better soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sounds like dehydration to me.

Sometimes thirst feels like hunger when you're not getting enough fluids :) I've read that you need a lot more to drink when you're BFing (especially to keep your supply up), and you're probably losing a lot of fluids when you're outside due to the heat.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"