South Jersey Babies
Options

Swedesboro Recommendations?

Hi Everyone,

We are FINALLY getting settled and have chosen a home in Swedesboro!  Woolwich Township.  We are excited to start settling down after all this time!  We don't know anything in that area regarding hospitals (for maternity and children), Pediatricians/Doctors or Pre-schools!

Can anyone recommend your favorites?  Or any thoughts about the area?

We would appreciate it so much,

Andrea

Re: Swedesboro Recommendations?

• Options

I grew up in swedesboro/woolwich, but moved to mantua a few years ago. The great thing about this area is we are so close to many surrounding towns. Hospitals around are Underwood (woodbury), Kennedy (Washington Township), Virtua (Vorhees), and a few other ones but those are the closest. There are lots of preschools in the beckett/logan township area.... which is right down the road. As far as pediatricians, I can't reallty help because this is my 1st. 

good luck!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It may be a little further than Virtua and Kennedy, but I can't say enough good things about my doctor.  His name is Dr. Bispo, he is in his own practice so you either see him or the nurse practitioner (usually him though) and the nurses are awesome.  He delivers out of South Jersey Regional Medical Center in Vineland.  Good luck with whatever you choose!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Check out Holding Hands for preschool/daycare. The directors are fantastic. If we lived closer, DD would go there. I worked their any years ago and they have really high standards for everything! We go to Advocare West Deptford Pedis and they have a Swedesboro office (not the same as Advocare Swedesboro). Sorry fir lack of formatting, iPad
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Welcome to the area! As with everything, opinions are opinions and it's more important to go with your gut feeling. Here are mine:

Pediatrician: Advocare West Deptford (has an office right by Acme) {Also heard great things about Advocare Woolwich-office by CVS}

OBGYN: Premier Women's Health (office right by CVS), deliver at Underwood {I delivered DS there and will deliver this LO there as well...loved everything about it}

Preschool: If you SAH, then I highly suggest Creation Academy in Woolwich near Kingsway High School, but if not, and need more of a daycare setting then Watch Me Learn in Woolwich as well.

Hospitals for children's emergency: DuPont in Delaware or CHOP in Philly are both fabulous!!! DuPont is not far at all and totally worth the drive over the bridge in a non-911 emergency situation.   

• Options

I responded on the Nest board with my other recs, but missed your request for maternity docs/hospitals.

I use Women's Healthcare of Mullica Hill and will endure the long waiting room time as long as I  may be having babies. I delivered at Elmer Hospital with Patty and had an amazing experience.

Ditto Staci on the Dupont rec. We are going there for DD's tubes. We used Underwood in an ER situation (easiest to get to via hwy from the Swedesboro area) and were pleased with them as well. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    QuazelQuazel member

Repeating some as well.  I am in Woolwich too and we use Advocare West Deptford.  As Staci said, it is not the same as Advocare Woolwich.  We id meet with Woolwich and liked the doctor very much but they don't have nurses and they have a different doctor each day of the week so it would be hard to establish a relationship with any particular doctor other than scheduling well visits the same day every time.  As a new mom, I was really glad West Deptford had a nurse hotline for all of my questions, rather than trying to talk to a doctor who was also seeing patients.

My OB is in Mt. Laurel so that is no help.  If you don't have a doc yet, we use the Underwood office right by CVS.  There are two doctors there and we are very happy with both.

I have heard great things about Holding Hands from a variety of people.  DS is currently home with DH but we thought DH had a job last summer and shopped the daycares in the area.  We did not go to HH since it was out of the way for us but we were thrilled after visiting The Goddard School.  They are located across Beckett from Acme and then down a slight bit.  They were a wonderful, warm atmosphere and the owner seemed terrific, as did every teacher we met.

We use Dupont's outpatient lab for all blood draws and they are great.  We also used their GI doc and feeding therapy program and weren't thrilled. After talking to our pedi, we ended up taking DS to CHOP for our 1 ER visit (rhinovirus), it was a madhouse but we were treated well and the doctor was terrific, we will use CHOP for any non-life theatening ER use since they are a few minues further than Dupont.  Kennedy Washington Township also has a pediatric ER, I just have no experience with them.

Welcome!  I knew a few of us here are teachers and have some time right now.  If you would like to meet, let us know!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"