Postpartum Depression
Options

What is the next step?

hello, I had a baby in Jan and I think I am not doing so good. I feel absolutely traped in my life right now. I am SAHM and I feel like I am in a hole of which I cannot get out. I feel I lost control of everything. I cannot take care well of my baby, house or my self. I am sad most of the time and feel like crying a lot. I do not care to do much. When I do get out, I feel guilty I am out and not doing something I am supposed to. 

What do I do next. I am trying to get an appointment with a psychologist or psychiatrist. What else should I do?  Are there other support groups? 

thanks very much.  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What is the next step?

• Options

:(

Try not to read too much of this board, I find it always makes me slighty better, but a whole lot worse.  Misery loves company right.  I know how you feel, I know the trapped feeling.  This is not the life I expected to be living SAHM... I am on meds, and so far... they haven't helped.  Get help QUICK, it goes from bad to worse in a matter of weeks...

I wish you luck, I know how painful, and long and sad your days are. xoxo 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm so sorry you are struggling. It is a hard adjustment.

I got help pretty quick (like I was in my therapists office when my daughter was 3 weeks old).

I would call your OB for recommendations on therapist and psychiatrists. He or she can help guide you to someone that knows what they are doing when it comes to PPD.

You can also check out postpartumprogress.org, lots of great info, including links to support groups.

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks very much to you both, I hope to get help soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    thanks I will.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I agree with the others about calling your OB as soon as possible. Don't wait. I know you want to be the best Mommy you could be and the sooner you get help, the sooner you'll feel better. I waited until DD was 10 months to get help and that's the one decision I regret- not getting help sooner.

As far as feeling trapped, you are not alone. If you have the extra money, I would suggest putting LO in daycare or getting a babysitter a few days a week so you have time for yourself. Everyone needs a break. You need it, even if you didn't have PPD/PPA. Having ME time is healthy, not only for you, but your baby too. Don't feel guilty about it either (I know it's hard). You carried a baby for 40 weeks, have been up most nights, adjusted to a whole new life, etc. Why shouldn't you have time for yourself?

My thoughts and prayers go out to you! Please keep me posted on your progress!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"