Houston Babies

Brag on your kid(s)

I love reading these posts and when I was out with friends earlier we were talking about how we typically talk about thing we are working on with our kids, but not the great/sweet/funny things they do.

So go on brag about how smart/funny/silly/perfect your kid is.

Evan was looking out the window this morning and watching it rain and he said, "wet." Everyday I am amazed at the words he is picking up and that he understands what most of them actually mean. Of course I think he is the smartest 15-month old ever.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

Re: Brag on your kid(s)

• Oh the language!  I am with you, I LOVE the language development and Cooper is turning into quite the motor mouth!  I've lost count of how many words he has now, at least 40 maybe 50 or more.  And somehow he has learned the letters in his name.   I didn't intentionally teach him that but I always write his name when we're coloring and tell him the letters, now whenever he sees them written anywhere he'll point and tell me "C" "O" "P" or "R."  I'm not sure if he knows E or any others.  He watches Super Why every morning and that show is all alphabets so maybe he's getting it there and he actually knows more letters than I realize. 
    My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • In the last month both the girls have learned to swim!  Older DD can finally take breaths in the pool without needing to put her feet down, and younger DD is like a little fish - she's absolutely fearless.  Younger DD is the big surprise because she's only 3, but she basically taught herself to do it.  Older DD has been overdue to learn (she's 5) but now she's finally got it!  It's a huge milestone and I'm doing the happy dance.

• Loading the player...
  • That's awesome KKMMex! And I agree, I loved the language explosion, too! Such a fun time!

Kendall has lately really taken to reading. She loves to *try* to sound things out and is grasping more and more. She's not fully reading on her own (other than a few books she has more or less memorized more than anything) but she is certainly on her way. It's exciting to watch and I know she'll really take off once she started kinder. KINDERGARTEN?! How is that even possible?! Bittersweet.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love reading about all of the wonderful accomplishments! Aren't kids just amazing?

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• All the the span of 1.5 weeks C learned how to sit up on her own, crawl(still chakey but she can do) and pull herself up to standing by holding on to something.

She's also getting a tooth which no one in this house is too happy with the cranky baby that comes with it!

• I love these posts too =)

I hosted bunco at my house last night. DH didn't have anywhere to go and it's hard to take a 2 1/2 yr old and a 6 week old so he stayed home and mostly hid in our bedroom. G would.not. stay in there with him. I was kind of annoyed, but really G was so well behaved and he just wanted to hang out with everyone. I'm proud of him for behaving so well.

B doesn't do much, but I'm very lucky (and thankful) that he's such a great sleeper. He's also a head holding up rockstar =)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sam turns 6 today!  I can't believe how time has flown.  He starts 1st grade this year.  He'll have homework!  Just a tiny bit, but he'll have it.  It blows me away.
  • I love these posts too! 

Yay for language and swimming and good kiddos and Kindergarteners and First Graders! 

My sweet boy is just the best.  He crawls like a maniac and stands whenever he gets the chance to pull himself up.  He's starting to let go, but can't quite balance on his own yet.  He's getting all FOUR top teeth and the 2 next to the bottom 2 he already has.  He never even fusses.  You'd never know he was teething that much.  What a trooper.

Abbie is just the best big sister ever.  I can't believe she's going to be 7, be in 2nd grade and do her 1st communion in the fall.  I miss my baby girl, but am so proud of the young lady she's turning into!

Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • nitalnital member

abigail finally foudn her thumb.  yes.  at 4 months.

she used to grab her thumb with her other hand and then try to shove the thumb in her mouth.  grab your thumb in the fist of your other hand and tell me how well you think that'll work.

good thing she's cute.

Have you seen my monkey?
  • well, E has officially taken walking steps TODAY! I think he is so smart :)

• A lot of language development here, too. Mathis, who was a late talker, is putting together great short sentences and really expressing himself. He also has a wicked sense of humor for being 2!

Truitt is an amazing big brother. He will tell Mathis "Great job! I am so proud of you!" when M does something new. Tru also notices when Mathis's pronunciation of a certain word improves and he will congratulate him. He also loves to teach and help, often telling M "Here, let me show you how to do it..."

They were AMAZING on the flights to MA and back. I am so proud. Every time we travel, we get so many compliments.

Also, they shared a room in the apartment we rented and they were awesome. So awesome, infact, that we went and bought M a mattress today and he is sleeping on it tonight with no issues. He was NOT happy to see a crib after 3 weeks in a real bed, so no better time to make the move! 

• Sam's new thing is "I want it."  It's super cute until she's screaming it at the top of her lungs because she's not getting it. lol  She has the most awesome manners for a 19 month old!  She always always says 'tank ewe' and is getting better at please.  Last night, she told me lemade, please at dinner.  I'm pretty sure having two older sisters helps her language development, but I really don't remember either M or K talking in sentences at 18 months old!  (Maybe I just don't remember... lol)

K is SO excited to start Kindergarten.  She's doing an awesome job at retaining what she learned in Pre-K and still sounds out small words.  I can't wait till she starts K and really takes off! 

M has been at her dads, but they have a math tutor for the Summer coming twice a week (for her and her step-bro) and she's doing AWESOME.  I'm so glad we decided to go the med route now.  I was so so hesitant, but seeing her finally 'get' things that she struggled so much with before is the greatest thing to witness.  Add on starting Cheerleading and her confidence is just blooming!  6th grade here we come!

~*~Jenn~*~
  • Cooper has a new word, some how he's combined "potty" with "poopy" and says "pot-pie."  This morning he came in the bathroom "Mama pot-pie?" LOL 

Good thing I was about to go "pot-pie" because I would have wet my pants laughing. 

My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"