Wisconsin Babies

Tips/Advice for the Milwaukee Zoo?

We are coming from Iowa to go to the zoo in a couple of weeks with my parents (my mom doesn't walk long ways very well so we probably won't cover everything) and 20 month old DD. This will be her first big zoo so I want to be prepared as much as I can. I found the fees online but can anyone give me some tips of things to bring or what we have to see? Is the sea lion show any good?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tips/Advice for the Milwaukee Zoo?

• P.S. Can you bring any water or snacks in or is that not allowed?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageegankn:

P.S. Can you bring any water or snacks in or is that not allowed?

You can bring in water and snacks. I always do for DD. The zoo has a tram that you can ride for a small fee. Maybe it would help to take the tram first to help you decide which animals you'd like to spend more time at. We have a zoo pass so we go quite often. My DD will be 3 next month and her favorites are the big cats, the monkeys, and the fish/reptiles. They are actually all indoor buildings. FYI: The zoo train is fun for the kids but you can't really see many animals from the train itself. The tram gives you a tour of the zoo with good views of the outdoor exhibits.

• Loading the player...
  • The Family Farm is nice to visit...and there is a playground, which might be a nice time for your mom to relax a little bit. My son is 3 and he loves the big cats and the fish and the monkeys. Maybe bring a wagon for your DD to ride in and keep snacks in...
  • You can bring in food, drinks, etc. I believe you can rent an electric cart for your mom (like the ones at the grocery store), so you'd be able to see more.

Their website has all the pricing and stuff. https://www.milwaukeezoo.org/ 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"