Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Pottery Barn Kids anywhere chair

I have seen posts about the chair before but can't remember if they were good things or not.  My mom wants to get one for dd for her 1st birthday. 

Putting price aside (since I'm not paying), is it a good chair?  Will it grow with her for several years?  Does it hold together?  Is it sturdy?

Thanks!

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Pottery Barn Kids anywhere chair

• Options

I just got ours for my one year olds birthday and it seems really nice

If you have not seen the deal on some of the anywhere chairs see below

Go to the website and find the item number for the chair. I had to put mine in the shopping cart to clearly see the number, which is XX-more numbers. Write it down, delete what's in the shopping cart, close the browser and reopen PBKids in a new window. Do a search using the item number, BUT replace the two numbers to the left of the dash with 68. So 68-XXXXXXX. Hit search and the product page should pop up with the new prices. I did a search for the navy blue chair with white piping and the new prices were $69 for the regular (normally $99) and $89 for the oversized (normally $129). Apparently, it doesn't work for all the colors or all the sizes in a particular color. I didn't try it with other colors because I wanted the navy with trim, but the special might change daily. There's free personalization and because the discount drops the price, there's no $10 surcharge on shipping, so shipping was $14. With tax, I got a regular chair for a total of $89.43.

Oh and it really does work.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Cool!  Thanks for the tip.
    3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I got DD the Oversize version for her first birthday. She loves it! It washes beautifully and I haven't had any issues with it.

FWIW I got the insert and cover on ebay (it was previously embroidered and I had it re-embroidered with DD's name on it).

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have two (green and pink) and my kids love them. We got one for DS 2.5 years ago and the chair it starting to look bad but it has also taken a beating :-).  I think I will get a new insert because it has lost some of its shape.  I bought DD's last year and it still looks great.  It is a good purchase IMO.

In terms of size, I got the regular size and DS who is 4 still fits fine in it. He is 43 lbs and 42 in tall.  You can get the oversized one if you want something bigger but a regular size (not "my first chair") is just fine for a one year old.

• Options

Get the chair, Get both of them one! My kids love it

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Maybe my kids are just really messy. I can't stand these chairs and I have them. They have been banned from the playroom and stay in their rooms where they can't get super dirty.

It was such a pain to keep washing the covers at least once a week (if not more).......they would get really dirty, food stained, etc. and look AWFUL when that happens.....I even have 2 covers per chair for this reason......

Other than that, the chair is a nice size and will last you for a while........ 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options

DD got a my first anywhere chair (the small sized one) for her 1st birthday. It's been used a lot and still looks good. DD does actually still fit in it and she's on the large side for a 4yo.

DS got a regular sized anywhere chair for his 1st birthday... which made DD upset that baby brother's chair was bigger than hers, so she got a regular one for Christmas. (My mother was the crazy person buying all these chairs, not me!!)

So my advice is to not get the small one, and just buy them for all the kids so they'll fight over them less.

- Jena
  • Options
    We've had one since Eva turned one and it has held up great.  It will definitely grow with her.  I sit in Eva's and it's quite comfy.  The cover washes well too.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

We have a little reading corner in DD1's room with her box of books, anywhere chair, and a small rug.

She loves that chair and has since we got it (around 18 months, I think?) Totally great purchase!

DD2 likes DD1's chair so much that they are constantly both trying to sit in it at once. We'll eventually get one for her, too, I'm sure.  

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options
    We have 2 and love them.  We bought our 1st one about 1.5-2 years ago, and it still looks nice.  I love that you can wash the covers. The boys use them everyday.  We have the regular size ones, and DS1 still has plenty of room. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It is the BEST!  My ds loves his and it's so easy to keep clean---you just unzipper it and throw it in the wash.  I get tons of compliments on it too.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

All of my kids love theirs and use them daily.  I have a wide range of ages:  almost 6 and 18 months!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"