South Florida Babies

Poll: Advice to New Parents

If you had one bit of advice that you considered one of the most important and could only deliver it in one sentence...what would it be and how would you say it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll: Advice to New Parents

• The most important tool you have is your instinct, if it doesn't feel right to you, don't do it (and vice versa), even if others tell that you should! 
    image image

• sleep EVERYTIME the baby sleeps!

p.s. how is Leanna's baby the size of a plum?!?!? already??? LOVE it!

• Loading the player...
  • This too shall pass. Remember that when you're up at 1,3,5,7am with a crying baby. Eventually, it all gets better. Promise!
    TTC #1 May/June 2008
    CP 7.19.08
    Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
    HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
    8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
    10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
    22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    TTC #2
    HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
    IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww
  • Try to enjoy every stage -- yes, even being up 5x a night -- because it goes by so quicky and someday, you'll really miss it!
  • imageMrs.HisOnly:
    This too shall pass. Remember that when you're up at 1,3,5,7am with a crying baby. Eventually, it all gets better. Promise!

I'm going to have to remember this one, even though it will be my second time around!!

I know, Kris, it's crazy that (s)he is already a plum :)  

image image

• Don't forget your hubby...and not just when you need his help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A happy mommy makes for a happy baby - don't forget to take some time for yourself so you can best help your baby.  

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This!

Be thankful for every second with your squishy little baby! Try to be present in the moment and focus on your time with your LO, not on the stress or the million other things you could/should be doing. Your LO is only going to be little for such a short amount of time in the scheme of things. At the same time, dont forget to balance some much need "mommy only" time. It's exhausting being on-call 24/7!

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • All great advice!

I definitely agree with living in the moment.  It's so important to just enjoy every part of every stage and not worry too much about when they will hit the next milestone.  They all get there at their own pace! I remember waiting for that first smile felt like an eternity. Now, I wish time would slow down a little. 

• "Never say never, don't set standards or rules for yourself that you may not be able to follow, and don't judge other moms."

I was one of the stupid non-parents who thought to myself, "When I have kids, I will never _______." and then had to eat my words when I became a mom. Also, it's very easy as a parent to a 6 month old to say, "When my kid's a toddler, I'll never let him or her do X, Y, Z" or as a parent to a toddler say, "When my kid's a teenager, I'd never allow that." The bottom line is that kids change and are unpredictable and just because you think you're going to do things a certain way when your kid is older doesn't mean you'll be able to do it. Your child could throw you a curve ball at any time and send all your plans to hell. It's good to have goals and standards in the way you parent, but you also have to be flexible and willing to adapt when things don't go exactly as planned.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • The one bit advice I'd like to offer is -- let your kids be kids.  With my first, I read all of the books, followed all of the rules, sterilized everything, by the third kid -- I was like, "eat dirt" not literally...just follow their lead.  If my kids wanna jump in puddles - I jump in with them!  If they want to eat pancakes for breakfast lunch and dinner - I'm making pacakes.  Live through their eyes (=

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"