December 2010 Moms
Options

I have been thinking about baby modeling.

I really would like to look into it but honestly I don't even know where to begin or if it would even be worth it. I know I think K is super cute and we get stopped all the time by people but maybe they are just being nice. She is quite the little ham in front of the camera though.

Has anyone looked into this at all? Where did you find info that wasn't a scam? Do you think I should look in to it?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

Re: I have been thinking about baby modeling.

• Options

I have never looked into it so I don't know but your kid is definitely cute enough! I am not just being nice.

I think that my son is also definitely cute enough and like your daughter he has a really good temperament and is usually pretty good for the camera. But we don't have time for modeling and didn't really feel like it. But if you're interested you should go for it!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    dude she could totally sell pampers.  no clue where to look into it tho, I'm afraid it's probably a pretty competitive area :/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

yup, she is definitely cute enough!

no advice, that's all. :-) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was kind of thinking about it but we are in the NYC area, and I didn't want to come into contact with people who were way too serious about it.   I would just google children's modeling agencies online, cross referencing them with the Better Business Bureau.
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options

I think it's going to depend on where you're located. There is a very reputable agency not too far from me here in NJ. Someone must've signed us up or something b/c we got an info packet from them in the mail when DS was a few months old. I sorta want to try it out, too.

What I do know is that, especially in the NYC area, you get zero notice about an audition. They call you up & basically you need to drop everything & get into the city asap. So, if you're flexible like that, then it could work out. 

Also, you'd be shelling out the money for gas, tolls & parking with no guarantee that you'd get booked. 

I'd be weary of an agency where you have to pay a lot of money upfront.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

A friend of mine did this. From what I understand, she hired an agent, using pictures she took herself. I don't know too much about it, but I do know the agent told her she had to be available pretty much M-F 8-5, to go to auditions.. so it is pretty time-consuming.

He actually did get picked for a Pampers ad, along with 3-4 other kids. They did the shoot with all of them, and then just picked whoever's shots were the best. She doesn't even know to this day if they ever used his pictures or not.. Also, she had to get him his own bank account, because all the money he makes goes into that and he can't touch any of it until he's 18.

ETA: I've thought about it too because of course I think my monster is super cute, but we ALL think our kids are cute. Anyway FTR I totally think yours is cute enough. You could probably find an agent online, but it might be difficult depending on where you are..

• Options
    imagejanneann1127:

ETA: I've thought about it too because of course I think my monster is super cute, but we ALL think our kids are cute.

I was just speaking to my SO the other day about this. (Btw he didn't seem to thrilled he thinks its a scam) I thought the same exact thing! lol But then I was at the mall and there was a booth setup looking for models of all ages and decided to do more research... so you may wanna check out your local mall and see if you have any luck there. If not try submitting your photos yourself to Baby gap,pampers, huggies etc. I'm still doing research but if I find anything out I'll let you know. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"