Upstate NY Babies
Options

Planking

How.Dumb.

I don't have many high school age friends on my fb, so I haven't seen any of it on there yet.  Nope - cousin posts pictures today.  Now, I have seen some pics that are kind of neat on things, like I think it is cool that someone can hold themselves up flat on the back of a chair.  But the ones my cousin posted are just laying facedown in parking lots.  She looks dead or passed out drunk.

Re: Planking

• Options
    *crawls out from under a rock* never even heard of it? 
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Options

????

Don't worry Court, you're not alone!

The only planking I know of is the yoga move. I do planks all the time for an ab workout!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageNikCole:

????

The only planking I know of is the yoga move. I do planks all the time for an ab workout!

This is what I thought, too!  I thought jnk was going to post about doing planks while pregnant or something.  

• Options

I had no idea either...but this is what I found (among other things) and yes, it is pretty dumb.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lying_down_game

• Options
    imageNikCole:

????

The only planking I know of is the yoga move. 

I'm in this camp too.. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It is just laying facedown in random places and having a picture of yourself.  IDK.  But I first heard of it bc someone died by balancing on a railing and fell to their death.  I do find some of them kind of entertaining, like this one:

But most of them look like this:

Both of these images came from google images bc even though I wanted to show you my cousin's stupid ones, I didn't feel right about it.  And I would not be surprised at all to see some teenager doing it at walmart one day this summer while I work. 

• Options
    That's... odd. I would probably call 911 if I saw someone like the bottom one!
  • Options
    Yup, I'm old. Never heard of it & I think it is dumb. Wonder how long it will be until I start seeing it on my younger cousins & niece's FB?
    Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • Options
    My nephew has pictures of this planking thing. The funniest one I saw was him lying on a Price Chopper check out lane.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Oh, OK.  Saw some teenagers dressed in over the top summer/beach clothes laying on the deck, one above on the bench, other on the top of the bench trying to balance on the rail of a metal dock at the beach the other day with a video camera.  I thought they were making some stupid video for school or something.  If they got it right, probably made a neat picture for this. 

I'm old.  Never heard of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"