Babies on the Brain

UO Thursday

Post them.  :)

It's because I live here but I don't get the thrill of Disneyland. It's overpriced and crowded on most days. What are tickets now? $90?! or that might be for the park hopper but still.  I know the boys are going to want to go when they get older so we will take them because kids love that place.

MY FOUR ANGELS... M/C 12/26/02 AT 4 WEEKS M/C 12/31/07 AT 12 WEEKS, D & C M/C 12/5/08 AT 9 WEEKS, D & C ***BFP ON 3/26/09*** MARY REYNA BORN AND PASSED AWAY JULY 31ST, 2009 AT 23 WEEKS. GOODBYE SWEET BABY...I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER. ***AFTER 17 WEEKS ON BEDREST*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO Thursday

• I get it. I grew up in the OC and Disneyland was such a disaster.  We'd always go on weekdays though when it wasn't so crowded, much better.

Mine is probably not unpopular but I'm going to pistol whip the next person who posts a Bachelorette and/or Casey Anthony related status on FB.

Sadie is not impressed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "This ribbon has been reported." - lovesnina
  • imageValentineBB:

I get it. I grew up in the OC and Disneyland was such a disaster.  We'd always go on weekdays though when it wasn't so crowded, much better.

Mine is probably not unpopular but I'm going to pistol whip the next person who posts a Bachelorette and/or Casey Anthony related status on FB.

This sounds like a VH1 reality show waiting to happen!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    PCOS, Ectopic & M/C of twins October 2010, Currently TTC #2
  • Loading the player...
  • I get it. I grew up an hour I'd so away from Disney (fl) and I used to model for them as a child. I was there at least 1-2x a month for a year or two. When we finished modeling/acting, we didn't go the for years. We were disney'd out. I finally went back a few hears ago, and loved it because I had some special memories, but the overcrowded factor was awful!
    Diagnosed with Chronic Lyme Disease 2009, Finished treatment August 12. BFP 11/12. BabyFruit Ticker
  • I discovered this prejudice when we decided I would become one until DH finishes school, but apparently I think that SAHWs are worthless. I'm looking forward to doing nothing, but I already hate myself. 

I can't decide if I actually feel that way, or if I just imagine other people do, but yeah.  

imageimageimage
  • imageMadison830:
    I can't stand the "vote for my kid" posts on FB. My FB is already blowing up with links to the Gerber website. I think 75% of my FB friends with kids have entered this contest.

This. And one of them is my own sister.

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • I don't like when a list of things to do is fired off at a newb. Charting isn't for everyone. TCOYF isn't for everyone. I just think is is kind of rude to just tell them what they should do and hit post. We tell newbs all the time that you wouldn't just walk up to someone in a coffee shop and start talking about TTC. In fairness, if you introduced yourself to someone and they responded with something similar, we'd think that person was kind of a jerk. This isn't directed at Dee, AT ALL, because there are a lot of people here that do it. And that chick yesterday totally over reacted, but I also get why she got defensive.
    photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageweelass24:
    I don't like when a list of things to do is fired off at a newb. Charting isn't for everyone. TCOYF isn't for everyone. I just think is is kind of rude to just tell them what they should do and hit post. We tell newbs all the time that you wouldn't just walk up to someone in a coffee shop and start talking about TTC. In fairness, if you introduced yourself to someone and they responded with something similar, we'd think that person was kind of a jerk. This isn't directed at Dee, AT ALL, because there are a lot of people here that do it. And that chick yesterday totally over reacted, but I also get why she got defensive.

Yes 

• imageweelass24:
    I don't like when a list of things to do is fired off at a newb. Charting isn't for everyone. TCOYF isn't for everyone. I just think is is kind of rude to just tell them what they should do and hit post. We tell newbs all the time that you wouldn't just walk up to someone in a coffee shop and start talking about TTC. In fairness, if you introduced yourself to someone and they responded with something similar, we'd think that person was kind of a jerk. This isn't directed at Dee, AT ALL, because there are a lot of people here that do it. And that chick yesterday totally over reacted, but I also get why she got defensive.

I agree. I actually giggle whenever I see people doling out orders to read books & what not. It's one thing when someone asks for resources, but when they just post an intro? Silly.

Also, I never read TCOYF. Way too effing long for me. 

• imageweelass24:

Agreed.  I never read TCOYF.  I just checked out FF to get the basics of charting.

It also amuses me when I see someone on TTGP reccommend FF to a newb who already has a FF ticker in her sig.  At least read the post before you respond! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageweelass24:

I agree. If someone asks for advice, that's one thing, but when people just say 'hey I'm just starting ttc, nice to meet you' I think the list is not the appropriate response.

• imagePubStar09:

imageMadison830:
    I can't stand the "vote for my kid" posts on FB. My FB is already blowing up with links to the Gerber website. I think 75% of my FB friends with kids have entered this contest.

This. And one of them is my own sister.

Embarrassed  Yeah, I'm totally doing that.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • imagejCamsquared:

imageweelass24:

I agree. If someone asks for advice, that's one thing, but when people just say 'hey I'm just starting ttc, nice to meet you' I think the list is not the appropriate response.

I did not read TCOYF. I did not chart.  I do not know if egg whites come out of my vagina. Now, homegirl was an epic douche, but I totally agree here.

Sadie is not impressed.
  • imagejCamsquared:

imageweelass24:

ITA.  Not everyone is looking for advice.  Some just want to chat.

Now if they came here and asked a question about charting, that's another ball game entirely.

Jack Donovan, b. Christmas Eve, 2009.

imagemonkeybuttjunction image

• Tickers that say how long someone has been breastfeeding kind of bug me, especially when they also have the EBF badge and a ticker for their child's age. I know there could be circumstances where the two aren't the same but it just seems annoyingly redundant to me for the most part.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1) I got sucked into the Casey Anthony drama and was overly invested in it. I know most people are rolling their eyes that people care, but I totally DO care. I was just really into the trial aspect of it all.

Nancy Grace is a hugedouche, though. And there are no porch lights involved.

2)  I think I hate traveling. It stresses me out and I can't relax. The Vegas trip kinda sealed the deal for me, but I had been suspecting this for a while now.

• imageweelass24:

I agree. That said, I don't think that chick freaked because of the usual suggestions. She took "this isn't the place for everyone" personally, and would have freaked regardless of the charting advice. I DO think everyone should lurk.

Also, I hate the coffee shop analogy. 

JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have another one but I'm scared to post it. It involves a certain poster, and it's nothing against the poster personally, but I feel weird making a statement about a specific person.

Fvck it.

I think most of Caff's GIFs don't work in the thread she posts them in. So I don't find them funny and I wish she'd just make a funny response instead of trying to post a funny GIF. 

JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagegreenclown:

I have another one but I'm scared to post it. It involves a certain poster, and it's nothing against the poster personally, but I feel weird making a statement about a specific person.

Fvck it.

I think most of Caff's GIFs don't work in the thread she posts them in. So I don't find them funny and I wish she'd just make a funny response instead of trying to post a funny GIF. 

I often have UOs about specific people and am afraid to post them. I'm with you on this one.

• imagejCamsquared:
    imagegreenclown:

I have another one but I'm scared to post it. It involves a certain poster, and it's nothing against the poster personally, but I feel weird making a statement about a specific person.

Fvck it.

I often have UOs about specific people and am afraid to post them. I'm with you on this one.

It's usually because I'm not clever and don't have anything funny to contribute. 

• imagegreenclown:

Fvck it.

oh no you didn't!

• imagecaffinated_tulip:
    imagegreenclown:

It's usually because I'm not clever and don't have anything funny to contribute. 

While I agree that a lot of your gifs are a little 'meh', I have to say, this was my favorite part of the crazy pants post from yesterday.  It was the perfect kind of random!  I laughed my ass off.

Married 11/24/07
    Camille Rae 8/21/10
    Thea Grace's EDD 5/22/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagegreenclown:

Fvck it.

What about mine?

I post .gifs. It's what I do.
  • Giffy, you're hit-or-miss. For me, anyway.
  • imageLe Olive:
    Giffy, you're hit-or-miss. For me, anyway.

I post .gifs. It's what I do.
  • imageLe Olive:

1) I got sucked into the Casey Anthony drama and was overly invested in it. I know most people are rolling their eyes that people care, but I totally DO care. I was just really into the trial aspect of it all.

Nancy Grace is a hugedouche, though. And there are no porch lights involved.

2)  I think I hate traveling. It stresses me out and I can't relax. The Vegas trip kinda sealed the deal for me, but I had been suspecting this for a while now.

I feel this way, too.  I do like to go new places, but on a very organized schedule, and I need to feel like I'm informed about the place and that I know what I'm doing.   I sometimes worry that people will think I'm culturally ignorant or something because I'd rather just stay in my own little "neck of the woods" so to speak.  I just really like being home, and I like the city where we live. 

Photobucket Anniversary
  • imagecaffinated_tulip:
    imagejCamsquared:
    imagegreenclown:

Fvck it.

I like your GIFs, but I like GIFs in general, they usually make me laugh even if they aren't 100% relevent to the thread.

• imageMelaneigh:
    imageLe Olive:

I feel this way, too.  I do like to go new places, but on a very organized schedule, and I need to feel like I'm informed about the place and that I know what I'm doing.   I sometimes worry that people will think I'm culturally ignorant or something because I'd rather just stay in my own little "neck of the woods" so to speak.  I just really like being home, and I like the city where we live. 

This, exactly.

There are certainly places I love visiting for vacation, but I need to be really, really prepared.

• I like GIFs as a response, but that's probably because my first message board love was Fark.

Now that I'm starting to kind of warm up to Lurky, I don't think there's anyone here I really dislike other than Edith.  And even she's okay somedays.

• imageJenniferJaneC:

I like GIFs as a response, but that's probably because my first message board love was Fark.

Aww, we must be soul mates.  Fark was my first love too.

• I'm 99% sure I am going to get flamed for this, but here it goes...

I am all for BFing in public, but I do think that the mother should cover up. I don't need to see your boob and nip.

Warning: Bring Your Own Tissues...
    imageimageimage Sushi Sister to Meg 'n' Eric
    "I love glitterfarts and pregnant unicorns." ~ Tim'sWifey
    "Pregnancy is a beautiful thing, a natural thing, and how dare you degrade it with your yuppie wanna be rapper and his rhymes." ~ Melaneigh
    "Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, and half shut afterwards." Benjamin Franklin
  • imageChatham2007:

I'm 99% sure I am going to get flamed for this, but here it goes...

I am all for BFing in public, but I do think that the mother should cover up. I don't need to see your boob and nip.

::makes mental note to flash Chatham at next available opportunity::

• imagePubStar09:
    imageJenniferJaneC:

I like GIFs as a response, but that's probably because my first message board love was Fark.

Aw.  Were you on Totalfark by chance?  I had an infamous incident on TF.  It was one of the legendary threads.

• imageChatham2007:

I'll take the flaming with you, then, because I agree.

Photobucket Anniversary
  • imageChatham2007:

I'm not going to flame you b/c I think everyone's entitled to their opinion.  That said, I might have agreed before I breastfed but now it's whenever, wherever and however she wants.  She hates the nursing cover and to force the issue takes more time and increases my odds of a nip slip then just whipping it out and letting her nurse.  Her head covers my boob anyway and I don't think the split second my boob is out is going to turn anyone to stone.

Sadie is not impressed.
  • imageMelaneigh:

imageChatham2007:

I'll take the flaming with you, then, because I agree.

That's one of those things that I don't have a strong opinion on either way.  If I don't want to see boob, I won't watch.  Breastfeeding in public took some kind of ninja dexterity that I just couldn't manage - I'd have been lucky to do it at all, much less modestly.

• imageJenniferJaneC:
    imagePubStar09:
    imageJenniferJaneC:

Aw.  Were you on Totalfark by chance?  I had an infamous incident on TF.  It was one of the legendary threads.

I kinda wanna hear about this!

"Pregnancy is a beautiful thing, a natural thing, and how dare you degrade it with your yuppie wanna be rapper and his rhymes." ~ Melaneigh
    "Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, and half shut afterwards." Benjamin Franklin
  • imageValentineBB:
    imageChatham2007:

I'm not going to flame you b/c I think everyone's entitled to their opinion.  That said, I might have agreed before I breastfed but now it's whenever, wherever and however she wants.  She hates the nursing cover and to force the issue takes more time and increases my odds of a nip slip then just whipping it out and letting her nurse.  Her head covers my boob anyway and I don't think the split second my boob is out is going to turn anyone to stone.

Yep.

And I'm now thinking that is maybe why you left our lunch date in such a hurry last spring? LOL.

• imageChatham2007:
    imageJenniferJaneC:
    imagePubStar09:
    imageJenniferJaneC:

I kinda wanna hear about this!

Me too! And yeah, I was on TF for a couple of months.  Another TFer sponsored me because I was super awesome.

So what was the legendary thread?!?

• imagejCamsquared:
    imageValentineBB:
    imageChatham2007:

Yep.

And I'm now thinking that is maybe why you left our lunch date in such a hurry last spring? LOL.

Is it weird that I have a double standard? I don't care if friends and family do it, but strangers skeeve me the 'eff out.

• imageChatham2007:
    imagejCamsquared:
    imageValentineBB:
    imageChatham2007:

Yep.

Is it weird that I have a double standard? I don't care if friends and family do it, but strangers skeeve me the 'eff out.

Well I just feel special then :-P

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"