Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Laparoscopic Surgery-tmi and long

i was hoping that my 1st post on the bump would not be to this board. i had multiple issues with my pregnancy but i was trying to fix them all. my heta hcg was to low. my progesterone was too low (first tried shots but when that didnt work i went to vaginal pills) i cut out all caffeine and started eating right. i spotted thru a lot of my pregnancy but was told it could be normal. well i finally started seeing a dr. who was concerned for me. upon seeing one ultrasound and knowing how far along i should be seeing all my levels and seeing nothing in my uterus he said you may have an ectopic pregnancy. 2nd time seeing him my hcg levels dropped 350 points rather than increasing 200 points like i was praying for. and yet again nothing on the transvaginal ultrasound. he let me get dressed and as i was sitting there i knew what was coming next and i was right. he came in the room and said im sorry but we are going to have to preform a laparoscopic surgery tomorrow and possibly a d & c. i cried all the rest of the day. i took a shower tuesday morning b4 my surgery and was having intense cramping and then i passed something. still unsure what it was but dr sent it off to determine exactly what it was. all i know is bc that happened i didnt have to have the d & c. so now i am in pain from the surgery physically and i am in pain from the loss of our first child emotionally. i feel alone right now even though my hubby and family are all there for me. i just dont know what i should do.

Re: Laparoscopic Surgery-tmi and long

• So sorry for you..this is so tough.  You will get a lot of love and encouragement from this board no one really wants to join.  It is a safe place to vent frustrations, ask very personal tmi questions..and even though we are all grieving..we will do our darndest to help you through   ((hugs))  And I welcome you:)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I too had the same surgery you had so please at least know you are not alone. It is hard when you know you have a great support system but you still feel alone. That's why I started blogging on this board so I could find others who may understand better the emotions and physical pain and reminders you go through during this process.

Big ((hugs)) to you and know you have people to support you while you are grieving. They may not always understand, but at least here you can vent.

I feel like I'm still coming to terms with my entire situation.  It's an emotional and physical rollercoaster for sure.

BFP 5/22/11 Beta #1 400s; Beta #2 500s; U/S 7w1d nothing in Uterus; Beta #3 300s; Beta #4 400s; U/S 6/10/11 diagnosed ectopic, receieved methotrexate; Beta #5 600s; Beta #6 265; Emergency laparoscopy led to right tube Salpingectomy @11w1d 6/22/11
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thank you gals for being there for me despite the fact you do not know me. dr finally put me on something other than ibuprofen for the pain but now i am nauseated and dizzy and sleeping a lot. again thanks
  • how long did it take for you to recover from just the surgery?
  • imagelindsey0710:

I too had the same surgery you had so please at least know you are not alone. It is hard when you know you have a great support system but you still feel alone. That's why I started blogging on this board so I could find others who may understand better the emotions and physical pain and reminders you go through during this process.

Big ((hugs)) to you and know you have people to support you while you are grieving. They may not always understand, but at least here you can vent.

I feel like I'm still coming to terms with my entire situation.  It's an emotional and physical rollercoaster for sure.

how long did it take for you to recovery from your surgery?

• imagefirechef2586:
    imagelindsey0710:

I too had the same surgery you had so please at least know you are not alone. It is hard when you know you have a great support system but you still feel alone. That's why I started blogging on this board so I could find others who may understand better the emotions and physical pain and reminders you go through during this process.

Sorry I'm just now coming back to this post, I had surgery on a Wednesday night, and did not return back to work until the following Tuesday. (so a weekend plus 3 days off work) 

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since my surgery and I have been back to work, but I have restrictions at my second job. I bartend PT and cannot lift more than 10lbs so I can't stock cases, stack chairs, or clean mats... but I'm not in any pain now (physically) and my incisions are healing well. 

The first week was about all I needed for the physical recovery... I'd be lying if I told you that I wish I could've taken at least 2 more days off work, but I had to use PTO and I'm at a new job so I felt rushed to go back (although my boss was supportive)

Hope this helps, how is your recovery coming along?

BFP 5/22/11 Beta #1 400s; Beta #2 500s; U/S 7w1d nothing in Uterus; Beta #3 300s; Beta #4 400s; U/S 6/10/11 diagnosed ectopic, receieved methotrexate; Beta #5 600s; Beta #6 265; Emergency laparoscopy led to right tube Salpingectomy @11w1d 6/22/11
  • imagelindsey0710:
    imagefirechef2586:
    imagelindsey0710:

Sorry I'm just now coming back to this post, I had surgery on a Wednesday night, and did not return back to work until the following Tuesday. (so a weekend plus 3 days off work) 

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since my surgery and I have been back to work, but I have restrictions at my second job. I bartend PT and cannot lift more than 10lbs so I can't stock cases, stack chairs, or clean mats... but I'm not in any pain now (physically) and my incisions are healing well. 

The first week was about all I needed for the physical recovery... I'd be lying if I told you that I wish I could've taken at least 2 more days off work, but I had to use PTO and I'm at a new job so I felt rushed to go back (although my boss was supportive)

Hope this helps, how is your recovery coming along?

well today has been one  week since my surgery and i still am aching. ive been having to work bc i work 2 part time jobs and have no such thing as PTO.  i can say though that i only worked one full day and about 2 hrs of another. the emotional pain has gotten better but the fact im always aching is dragging me way WAY down.

• I know I had to call in for more pain meds once... they only gave me enough to last 3 days post op and I was still hurting. IDK if it may help for you to call in for more, but that's just a thought. 

I always think it's so hard for us having to physically go through it cause it's a constant reminder of what happened, and that in turn reminds you of the emotional stuff.

It sounds like you've been able to get some rest though (not having to put too many hours in) and that always helps. Hope all continues to be well :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"