New York Babies
Options

Vacationing in New York

My family and I are going on vacation to New York City next yr for the 1st time and I would like to know what are some good places to eat at that are reasonable in price? Also, what tourist sites do we definitely have to see when we are there? TIA!
imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Vacationing in New York

• Options

We basically live in parks in the summer. Central Park has a boat pond which kids love (they can watch remote boats go around).  You can also go to the boat basin and rent a rowboat for about $12 (free life jackets and they have kid sizes)- I highly recommend doing it. There are turtles all around swimming and hanging out as well as ducks, and other birds. My son and daughter go nuts over it.

There are also amazing playgrounds throughout Central Park ? the one at 84th and 5th avenue has a water park area that kids love as well as a park at 65th and 5th that has an amazing slide built into the side of the hill and a huge sandbox. It?s only a few steps away from the Central Park zoo too. It takes about 1 ? to 2 hours to see the zoo ? it?s not huge but a good size for kids.

We were just at the CMOM (Children?s Museum of Manhattan) last weekend and it?s phenomenal. Both my 1 year old and almost 4 year old both had things to entertain them. They have a permanent Dora/Diego exhibit and right now a Curious George exhibit where they can climb and play on things. Last year it was a Wizard of Oz ? so it?s always fun for kids no matter the theme. www.cmom.org Other family things are the scholastic store in SoHo, Fire Museum in Tribeca, https://www.karmakidsyoga.com/schedules.html   The NY Public Library's main branch has a children's room. They offer story time for toddlers either on Wed or Thurs (call and ask, one was for babies , one was for toddlers, I believe both were 10am). For museums (and a list of free ones, or the "free day" ones) check out https://www.ny.com/museums/ . The museum of natural history is amazing if your kids are into dinosaurs.

As for restaurants, I recommend Big Daddy on the Upper East Side (84th and 2nd Avenue I think). It?s a 50?s themed diner kind of place that is very kid friendly. Also check out Barking Dog which has several places around the city. For Italian food in the touristy areas near Times Square, Carmines and Tony?s are family style (1 dish serves 2 people). All these restaurants are reasonable in price for NYC and family friendly.

Hope that helps! I?ve lived here almost all my life  Just remember that Manhattan is really just a bunch of small towns within a big city. Each area has a different vibe ?touristy, edgy, family, etc. Enjoy- it?s the best city in the world!

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"