Parenting after 35

Keeping cool in the car

Unfortunately, my car doesn't have air conditioning.  I try to avoid taking C. out when it's really hot, but sometimes there are places we need to go.  I have the windows open (not too much) I use the visors, dress him in light clothes and make sure he's hydrated.  Any other ideas on how to keep him cool in the car when it's hot out?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Keeping cool in the car

• Get a good Mylar type sunshade... maybe even two.. one for the windshield and one for the back window.   Use them EVERY time you park the car, even if it's for a couple of minutes.   That will make a big difference in how hot the car gets while parked.  

We also throw an old towel over his seat if it's really hot.. just to keep it a little cooler.

• ?keep a frozen washcloth in a plastic baggy to pull out and wipe him with or let hiim teeth on at your stops??
  • Loading the player...
  • My car has air conditioning but do rear vents, so we bought a small fan at walmart ($12-15).  It plugs into the car and has a clip to attach it to the rear head rest.  DD really likes it and I think it helps keep her cool.

• steverstever member
    I like the others' suggestions.
  • RaeAntRaeAnt member
    imagehmiles5378:

My car has air conditioning but do rear vents, so we bought a small fan at walmart ($12-15).  It plugs into the car and has a clip to attach it to the rear head rest.  DD really likes it and I think it helps keep her cool.

I"ve been contemplating one of these. I'm glad to hear they help. We don't have the rear vents either which is like being he!! in the Houston summers. We hate taking DS anywhere because the car barely cools off in the front where the vents are. He's always drenched when we get him out of his carseat.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"