Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Anyone go to MFM at Hershey for NT scan?

Just curious who they saw for their genetic counseling appointment and what it all entails.  They ended up having to reschedule the counseling portion to tomorrow and my actual u/s isn't until next Tuesday.  Because of this my husband can't come to the counseling portion which I'm kind of scared to go alone, but don't really have a choice.

Re: Anyone go to MFM at Hershey for NT scan?

• Options

I spent most of my pregnancy at MFM at Hershey.  I also got my NT scan done there, the counseling portion was not a big deal, of course DH was along and it only lasted less than 20 minutes.  The NT scan was just like any other u/s except they are looking at certain things, but you get lots of picture, we had Jeanie and she is fantastic.  The counceling part, I don't really remember much, but we never went through the blood test portion because our chances of genetic problems were very very low and plus DS would not cooperate during the NT scan.

My only warning is they are always running behind, so take a good book and be prepared for a wait.  that being said, I wouldn't change anything about how I got treated there, we were always treated with the utmost respect and understanding no matter what the situation was.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thank you for your input!!! I had the counseling portion this morning and you're right, it was no big deal. 

I am looking forward to the NT scan next week with DH.  We are doing the blood test portion as it's only a finger prick even though our risk is low as well (nothing changes our ratio based on age).  I figured why not!

I do know that they run behind frequently! haha I'm always prepared with a book or something to keep me occupied. 

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"