Orange County Babies
Options

Irvine (or nearby)-Lactation Consultant & Breast Feeding Group

Wondering if anyone on this board could recommend a good lactation consultant as well as support group in or nearby Irvine.  This is my first and I'm having difficulty with my 1 week old son.  I've gone to the lactation consultant at Hoag and have another appointment this week, but wanting to open up my options as well.

Thanks!

Re: Irvine (or nearby)-Lactation Consultant & Breast Feeding Group

• Options

Check out La Leche League of Southern Orange County.  I am sure they can recommend someone for you.

https://sites.google.com/site/lllofsoc/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The LCs at Hoag were a big help to us. Check out Granola Babies in Costa Mesa. They have a weekly BFing support group.

GL, it is so tough in the beginning.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageHarper'smom:

The LCs at Hoag were a big help to us. Check out Granola Babies in Costa Mesa. They have a weekly BFing support group.

GL, it is so tough in the beginning.

Ditto Hoag.  You can call the Baby Line 949-764-2229, they can trouble shoot over the phone or have you come in.  They also answer all baby related questions.  Love them. 

Also, I've heard good things about Transitions through Saddleback Hospital. 

• Options
    Thank you for all the tips!  I plan to go to Granola babies tomorrow for their wekly support group and also la leche's monthly meeting next week.  yes breast feeding has been quite challenging!!
  • Options

You can also check out Milkalicious in Aliso Viejo and the breastfeeding support group through Mission Hospital.  All of the other suggestions are great, too.

When you're ready to get out and socialize, you should join the free Mommy Matters group at the South OC Family Resource Center.  It meets on Fridays from 11:30 - 12:30 and it's a lot of fun.  https://www.socfrc.org/programs.php#support_groups

Congrats on your new baby!

• Options
    My bestie went to the lactation workshops at Milkalicious in Aliso and loved them!  I just received a gift certificate for their boutique or consults and can't wait to use it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I LOVED the LC I used at Milkalicious. She was amazing and such a huge help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"