October 2011 Moms

Casey Anthony trial

Don't know how many of you have been keeping up with this, but the jury is expected to announce their verdict at 2:15p EST. If you're stuck at work like me, or somewhere where you can't watch it on TV go to cnn.com to watch a live feed.
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Casey Anthony trial

• Yes!!! Thank you. I just posted on 2nd tri where I could go to watch a live feed at work? Are they going to turn the volume back on on cnn.com soon I hope? lol
    BabyFruit Ticker image image Sceduled C Section
  • Thanks for the heads up!  I'll be watching! 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the heads up!

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP # 1 2/5/11 DD born September 2011
    BFP #2 12/21/13 CP 12/29/13
    BFP# 3 1/11/15 EDD 9/15/15
  • Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLlindsay0927:
    Yes!!! Thank you. I just posted on 2nd tri where I could go to watch a live feed at work? Are they going to turn the volume back on on cnn.com soon I hope? lol

I hope so! I'm ready to hear what the verdict is! 

• NOT GUILTY except for lying to the cops. WOW.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBettyBookworm:
    NOT GUILTY except for lying to the cops. WOW.

I'm sorry, but that is ridiculous!

• WTF!   I am shocked, I thought for sure they were going to say guilty, she got away with it.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is ridiculous!!!  How exactly are they going to explain the way that this poor little girl died then if she didn't do it!!!  Such a ridiculous decision!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • WOW!!  NOT guilty??  Did I miss something, why lie time and time again if you didnt have anything to hide?? 

• I hadn't really been following the trial - but the little I had read about it suggested to me that this woman was a pathological liar who didn't want the burden of having a little girl. I'm completely astonished that they found her not guilty.
  • imageLMeR01:

imageBettyBookworm:

Was OJ a member of the trial?!  WTF!

We are having Irish Twins!!! Our sweet little girls will be 10.5 months apart! BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekatie052409:
    imageLMeR01:

imageBettyBookworm:

Was OJ a member of the trial?!  WTF!

Oops meant to say jury!

We are having Irish Twins!!! Our sweet little girls will be 10.5 months apart! BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • StephKStephK member

imageblue_angeleyes06:
    This is ridiculous!!!  How exactly are they going to explain the way that this poor little girl died then if she didn't do it!!!  Such a ridiculous decision!

While I do think she did it, I'm not that surprised they didn't find her guilty.  The jury wasn't charged with deciding whether they think she did it, just based on circumstance.  They were charged with determining if the prosecution proved her guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.  They had a strong case, but just didn't have enough physical evidence.  I've watched the testimony for weeks.  I don't think anyone else could have done it, but that doesn't really matter.  They didn't really have direct evidence that put the duct tape in her hands.

Unfortunately, with the way our system works, it is possible to get away with murder.  This isn't the first time (*cough* OJ *cough*) and it won't be the last.

What is the most upsetting is that we'll never know what happened to that beautiful little girl.  I can only hope Casey gets her punishment eventually, even if it takes a lifetime.

• I can't effing believe it! She should be forbidden from ever having any more children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I cannot believe I live in America right now. WTF?! I seriously want to punch her in the face. She won't get away with this. Even if she lives her whole life as though she got away with it, God will get her in the end.
  • btsrc5btsrc5 member
    I am sooo shocked.  And disgusted. 

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

BabyFetus Ticker

• I am shocked as everyone else.  I would have voted guilty...I agree with PP; she should not be allowed to have any more children.  Terrible!!!
  • imageblue_angeleyes06:
    This is ridiculous!!!  How exactly are they going to explain the way that this poor little girl died then if she didn't do it!!!  Such a ridiculous decision!

unfortunately not their job to.   If the evidence doesn't show the guilt and the defense proves doubt (which is all they have to do)  then the jury has no choice.

Successful after 2 years tttc. Diagnosed with PCOS and Endometriosis. Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family BabyName Ticker
  • I am sooo pissed off. WHAT HAPPENED TO CAYLEE?! Ugh. Sorry. How many think that she's going to get Time Served as her sentence??
  • imagebtsrc5:
    I am sooo shocked.  And disgusted. 

Agreed.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• OMG.  I haven't been watching, but what I know about the details, she clearly did it.  I agree with the other poster about reasonable doubt.  The prosecution really effed that up.  She is a terrible terrible person and I hope she has an awful life.
  • imageStephK:

imageblue_angeleyes06:

While I do think she did it, I'm not that surprised they didn't find her guilty.  The jury wasn't charged with deciding whether they think she did it, just based on circumstance.  They were charged with determining if the prosecution proved her guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.  They had a strong case, but just didn't have enough physical evidence.  I've watched the testimony for weeks.  I don't think anyone else could have done it, but that doesn't really matter.  They didn't really have direct evidence that put the duct tape in her hands.

Unfortunately, with the way our system works, it is possible to get away with murder.  This isn't the first time (*cough* OJ *cough*) and it won't be the last.

What is the most upsetting is that we'll never know what happened to that beautiful little girl.  I can only hope Casey gets her punishment eventually, even if it takes a lifetime.

Exactly this. I didn't do any watching but was kept up to date by DH who thought the defense was doing a terrible job, I told him they were creating doubt and by what he was relaying to me I was pretty sure it was gonna work. I also believe that her mom was in on it. A freakin' insane family for sure.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Slings at Nurtured Family
  • imagemaryNamory:

imageblue_angeleyes06:

unfortunately not their job to.   If the evidence doesn't show the guilt and the defense proves doubt (which is all they have to do)  then the jury has no choice.

Yep, even though I don't doubt that she was involved and at the very least guilty of child neglect and endangerment, if the prosecution can't PROVE it, the jury did it's job.  From the bits and pieces I saw, it didn't seem like they had a whole lot of solid concrete evidence against her, though admittedly I didn't really follow the case.  We have the luxury of being innocent until proven guilty in this country, not the other way around, and yes, that probably means that a lot of people get away with things that they should be paying for. 

• I'm not sure why everyone on here is so convinced that justice was not carried out in this case. There was no evidence that this woman commited the crime of murder nor manslaughter. There was plenty of evidence that she is stupid, and a liar, but not a murderer. There was no weapon, no evidence of how she died, no evidence that she was even killed. They didn't even have a circumstancial case against this woman. Justice was served in this case.

God help us if we go back to a country where people could spend the rest of thier lives in prison, convicted off of their character versus actual proof. Imagine if you were on trial for murder with NO PROOF that you actually did it. Would you still be so keen to base a case off of character evidence?

BFP 11/2/10! First Dr's appt 11/30/10, shows Blighted Ovum measuring~ 5.9w @ 7w5d Natural Miscarraige 12/10/10 TTA unitl Feb, waiting BARE minimum before hopping back in the saddle So ready to try again, but I will never forget my first baby. BFP#2 02/06/11!!!! *stick baby, stick!* Team Green turn Team PINK 10/09/11 BFP #3 02/23/13...SURPRISE! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagejpeazybreezy:

I'm not sure why everyone on here is so convinced that justice was not carried out in this case. There was no evidence that this woman commited the crime of murder nor manslaughter. There was plenty of evidence that she is stupid, and a liar, but not a murderer. There was no weapon, no evidence of how she died, no evidence that she was even killed. They didn't even have a circumstancial case against this woman. Justice was served in this case.

God help us if we go back to a country where people could spend the rest of thier lives in prison, convicted off of their character versus actual proof. Imagine if you were on trial for murder with NO PROOF that you actually did it. Would you still be so keen to base a case off of character evidence?

I gotta agree with you.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Slings at Nurtured Family
  • imagejpeazybreezy:

I'm not sure why everyone on here is so convinced that justice was not carried out in this case. There was no evidence that this woman commited the crime of murder nor manslaughter. There was plenty of evidence that she is stupid, and a liar, but not a murderer. There was no weapon, no evidence of how she died, no evidence that she was even killed. They didn't even have a circumstancial case against this woman. Justice was served in this case.

The defense's whole story was that Caylee drowned.  If that's the truth, fine (not that I believe it).  However, wouldn't taking your dead daughter's body and burying in the woods still be child abuse?  Or corpse abuse??  I feel like her being convicted of a few misdemeanor's is not justice.  She hid the fact that her daughter missing for 30 days.  That's not normal behavior. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagejpeazybreezy:

But why lie if you didn't do it?  She's covering for someone...whether it's herself or someone else.  She knows who did it!  She's knows that happened!

• imagejpeazybreezy:

While agree with your main point, I think we still do live in a country where innocent folks are put away for crimes they didn't commit.  It happens all the time.... and most of the time the outcome is linked to the color of their skin or how much money they have. 

• imageUGADawg8:
    imagejpeazybreezy:

Justice was served in this case.

The defense's whole story was that Caylee drowned.  If that's the truth, fine (not that I believe it).  However, wouldn't taking your dead daughter's body and burying in the woods still be child abuse?  Or corpse abuse??  I feel like her being convicted of a few misdemeanor's is not justice.  She hid the fact that her daughter missing for 30 days.  That's not normal behavior. 

Not normal behavior does not equal murder. Bloody knife with finger prints, knife wounds in corpse, witness saying they saw the defendant stab the victim, those things equal murder. 

Also, they don't have proof that is was her that put the body in the location where they found it. If they can't put her there, then they can't convict her of doing it. Its weird that she didn't report the girl missing, its strange that she went and partied, and its dumb that she lied about the whole shebang to the police, but the only part that was illegal was the lying, and she got convicted of that.

Do I think she did it? Probably, but we can't send people to prison over hunches (which is what saying you know someone did something with no proof is). Its a slippery slope that isn't easy to climb back up.

BFP 11/2/10! First Dr's appt 11/30/10, shows Blighted Ovum measuring~ 5.9w @ 7w5d Natural Miscarraige 12/10/10 TTA unitl Feb, waiting BARE minimum before hopping back in the saddle So ready to try again, but I will never forget my first baby. BFP#2 02/06/11!!!! *stick baby, stick!* Team Green turn Team PINK 10/09/11 BFP #3 02/23/13...SURPRISE! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagejpeazybreezy:

Do you realize what you are saying?  She COVERED IT UP AND LIED - her delay in reporting the so-called missing girl is what got rid of the evidence.  This verdict is a how-to for getting away with murder.

Sick and twisted travesty of the legal system and I am ashamed of our country today.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • StephKStephK member
    imageUGADawg8:
    imagejpeazybreezy:

I totally agree that she's a huge liar and she's a rather sick individual, but that goes back to jpeazy's point.  Just because you find someone disgusting and evil, doesn't automatically mean that a jury should find them guilty.  As sleazy as I found Baez, and the drowning theory doesn't really fly, it was not their job to prove Casey innocent, they just poked enough holes in the prosecution case to leave reasonable doubt in the minds of the jurors.

• imageJanimal:

Do you realize what you are saying?  She COVERED IT UP AND LIED - her delay in reporting the so-called missing girl is what got rid of the evidence.  This verdict is a how-to for getting away with murder.

Sick and twisted travesty of the legal system and I am ashamed of our country today.

Sorry, but this made me LOL. You're ashamed that the free-est nation in the world was able to reach the correct decision in a case where 12 of the defendant's peers came to an unbiased conclusion that the state of Florida didn't have enough evidence to convince them of the charges that a woman was brought up on; and despite everyone being in agreement that she looks suspiscious, carried out their duty as instructed by our laws?

If this case took place in some other country, I could understand her being drug from her house and stoned to death in the street. This is the US. People have the right to be tried on fact, not feeling. You're being ashamed is a slap in the face of the beauty that is our justice system. Do you really think that they found 12 of the dumbest people in America to sit on this trial? And even if they did, that means the state did not do their job in voir dire to ensure a good mix of people on the jury. You can't get away with murder without the help of at least 12 people, the state that you're being tried in, the judge that is hearing your case, and the police that investigate the crime helping you along the way.

• Did we watch the same trial?!?!?!

How much  evidence was necessary?  Honestly, it is INSANE to me that she would be found guilty. 

The evidence couldn't tell the whole story.  But it told enough to know that this woman was not innocent.  Do you have chloroform in your trunk?  How about the hair in the trunk that SCIENCE says was from a decomposing body?  Or the chemicals in the car and the cadaver dog that also said a decomposing body was in there?  Her own family reported the smell of a decomposing body.

Do you think failing to report a missing child for a month isn't clear enough evidence to find her guilty of count 3?  I think that's pretty compelling neglect.

Sorry - justice was not served today.

• imagejpeazybreezy:
    imageJanimal:

Sorry, but this made me LOL. You're ashamed that the free-est nation in the world was able to reach the correct decision in a case where 12 of the defendant's peers came to an unbiased conclusion that the state of Florida didn't have enough evidence to convince them of the charges that a woman was brought up on; and despite everyone being in agreement that she looks suspiscious, carried out their duty as instructed by our laws?

If this case took place in some other country, I could understand her being drug from her house and stoned to death in the street. This is the US. People have the right to be tried on fact, not feeling. You're being ashamed is a slap in the face of the beauty that is our justice system. Do you really think that they found 12 of the dumbest people in America to sit on this trial? And even if they did, that means the state did not do their job in voir dire to ensure a good mix of people on the jury. You can't get away with murder without the help of at least 12 people, the state that you're being tried in, the judge that is hearing your case, and the police that investigate the crime helping you along the way.

So you think it's perfectly ok that this woman will be released from jail, free to go about with her life, including having more children if she wishes???? 

I'm sure she's already laying out her book in her head. . . how to get away with murder. . . or she can go the OJ route with If I did it, this is what I would have done. 

• imageJanimal:

Did we watch the same trial?!?!?!

How much  evidence was necessary?  Honestly, it is INSANE to me that she would be found guilty. 

The evidence couldn't tell the whole story.  But it told enough to know that this woman was not innocent.  Do you have chloroform in your trunk?  How about the hair in the trunk that SCIENCE says was from a decomposing body?  Or the chemicals in the car and the cadaver dog that also said a decomposing body was in there?  Her own family reported the smell of a decomposing body.

Do you think failing to report a missing child for a month isn't clear enough evidence to find her guilty of count 3?  I think that's pretty compelling neglect.

Hey, just because my car smells like hamburgers, and french fries are found on the floor, it doesn't mean I ate fast food. Your car can smell like a dead body all day long, your car can have a piece of a dead body in it, heck, your car can have a WHOLE dead body in it, that doesn't mean you killed someone, that means you have a dead body. It is only through investigation that we can come to a conclusion as to how a dead body ended up there, and the prosecution did not have an investigation good enough to hold water.

And it wasn't neglectful for her to not report the girl missing, becuase according to the defense, she new that she was dead at that point in time. You can't neglect a dead child.

Don't get me wrong, I know that it sucks, but the burden does fall on the state, and in this case, there just wasn't enough evidence.

• :::shakes head:::

• imagejpeazybreezy:
    imageJanimal:

Did we watch the same trial?!?!?!

Hey, just because my car smells like hamburgers, and french fries are found on the floor, it doesn't mean I ate fast food. Your car can smell like a dead body all day long, your car can have a piece of a dead body in it, heck, your car can have a WHOLE dead body in it, that doesn't mean you killed someone, that means you have a dead body. It is only through investigation that we can come to a conclusion as to how a dead body ended up there, and the prosecution did not have an investigation good enough to hold water.

And it wasn't neglectful for her to not report the girl missing, becuase according to the defense, she new that she was dead at that point in time. You can't neglect a dead child.

Don't get me wrong, I know that it sucks, but the burden does fall on the state, and in this case, there just wasn't enough evidence.

Wow really?Indifferent

• I think the whole situation is sad. An innocent little girl is dead and very few people know what really happened to her. Personally, from what I saw, I think Casey was totally guilty and she did get away with murder. I can't speak for all the evidence, because I wasn't there in the court room, but there are just too many details about this case that (in my opinion), point to Casey being responsible. Did the jury have enough evidence to convict her? I don't know, but I do hope justice is served to whomever had any involvement with this horrible crime, in this life or the next. This is one of those times when you can only sit back and hold out hope in Karma.
    imageimage
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    ~ Winston Churchill
  • It goes to show what a great legal team can do for you. Unfortunatly the legal system, as much as I think is the best system around, is based on having a competent and committed legal team. Something that those without resources or notoriety can rarely afford. She got the full benefit of the "resonable doubt" justice system. If she were a poor mom that was not on tv she would be in jail. In fact her legal counsel would have probably advised her that the evidence was insurmountable and that they should plea this one out.

As far as the evidence. I think they proved that she was a skeevy lying selfish crazy party girl. I think that even the "scientific" evidence they presented was weak to the jury. They all probably watch CSI and expect perfect undisputable science. I think she did it but I also think that there was nothing that the jury could point to as a sure thing. They were given no choice to find her not guilty. She did it but they just didnt prove it.

DS Born 10/05/99 DSS Born 7/11/95 BFP 05/11/10 - Missed M/C, D&C 06/23/10 BFP 8/3/2010 - Ectopic, Methotrexate 8/17/10 BFP 1/27/11- Please God let this heart beat strong. Beta1 17dpo-314 Beta2 20dpo-883 Beta3 22dpo-1861 Beta4 25dpo-5918 DS2 Born 10/07/99 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he shall be given over to the LORD." 1Sam1v24to28.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"