Maryland Babies
Options

Nanny/Au Pair

My SIL and I are due 7 weeks apart.  We are looking to have someone come to one of our houses to watch the infants full-time rather than taking them to a day care center.  Any ideas where to search for someone like this?  I've been google-ing everything but don't see any really helpful sites.

Re: Nanny/Au Pair

• Options

I looked into an Au Pair.  (Don't remeber the site,. but I am pretty sure I found it through Google.) 

The child must be atleast 6 weeks old, the Au Pair can only be on duty 8 hours a day (or a total of 40 hours a week), they have to have a private bedroom and the stipend was something like $300 - $325 per week.

So it didn't make sense for us to go with an Au Pair for 1 baby. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

What you're looking for is a "nanny share." This is where two families use the same nanny for all their kids. She comes to one house and cares for the children there. It can be a good situation because the nanny gets paid well but each family still pays slightly less than what they would for a private nanny.

I've worked as a nanny for years and have found families using several nanny sites. Some are free and some charge a fee (the cost varies) that may include a background check for your potential nanny. Many nannies that you find on these sites might be willing to do a nanny share. Keep in mind that since your kids will be so close in age, you are basically asking the nanny to care for twins. You might want to consider someone who has experience with multiples or at least working with infants and other kids at the same time. You can also expect to pay more for care for two infants than you would for one infant and one older child.

Most sites will at least let you browse for free and see if they have nannies in your area. Here are the sites I have personally used and liked:

nannies4hire.com

enannysource.com 

greataupair.com 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use Care.com (it's $70 for the year) and they have both nannies and au pairs. 

Also, I know of A Choice Nanny which is located in Columbia.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"