February 2012 Moms

OH MY GOD

Today was totally crazy and emotional and stressful and scary! This morning I went into the walk in clinic to get a prescription for antibiotics because I thought I had a UTI, but the labs came back negative. Then the doctor did a pelvic exam (which I have never had in my life before today), and said one of my tubes was inflamed. So she told me to go to the ER as soon as possible because she thought the baby could be in one of my tubes. At the ER, first they did ANOTHER pelvic exam, took blood (another thing I've never done before), and did a US (first one).  After that, they had to give me a shot (surprise surprise, never had that before either). I finally just got home but it has been such a long day. It was so hard dealing with the possibility of losing my baby. Good news though, it doesn't look like that's the case. The baby seems to be safe in my uterus as far as they can tell. Bad news is that I have to wait for tests to come back to find out the problem. Just thought I'd share with all of you, and hope none of you have to experience this!
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: OH MY GOD

• Sorry for your crazy day, but glad everything seems to be ok. On a side note...you have never had a shot before?Hmm
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nope, never. My parents don't believe in them, and with the type of medicine my dad is involved in, they say its not necessary.
  • Loading the player...
  • Interesting...?Huh?
  • Yea, i really don't know much about it.
  • imageTeenmom7:
    Nope, never. My parents don't believe in them, and with the type of medicine my dad is involved in, they say its not necessary.

What kind of medicine?  I don't understand?

• He's a doctor, but not a medical doctor. I guess it's not considered medicine then. He's a chiropractor and does stuff more with vitamins and nutrition.
  • I obviously can't read...deleted my post. Hahaha!
    Hatching the Hawks
    Hatching the Hawks
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm glad you're okay, that must've been scary! 

I'm just curious and I hope this doesn't come across as rude but are your parents supportive in your pregnancy?  (I don't remember if you posted that before.)  It seems that with your lack of experience in medical interventions and your age, that this is going to be an even more stressful time for you than it might normally be.  If you haven't considered it already, it would be good for you to take some parenting or child development classes at school (if they're offered as electives) and also ask your doctor if they know of any. 

I hope this doesn't come across as rude; I certainly don't mean it that way.  I teach parenting to teenagers so I see a bunch of girls in your same situation.  It can be tough and the more you learn in advance the better. 

• I'm so glad to hear baby is safe in your uterus. Such a scary day!
    Kristin & Dave

Happy Easter

My Blog

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I hope all your tests come back normal and that there was nothing to worry about at all!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would get used to needles and people looking at and poking around your lady bits pretty fast. It's going to happen constantly until you deliver this baby.

I think that the suggestion for you to take some classes to educate yourself is brilliant.

Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• How did you ever go to school without immunizations?
  • imagebbhalphen:
    How did you ever go to school without immunizations?

Immunizations are not mandatory in order to attend school. Many people choose not to immunize their children based on medical or religious beliefs. All you have to do is sign a form stating that immunizations are against your beliefs.  

photo d09ff0b8-8137-4e1c-ae47-58c3ef11d6b5_zpsdf895214.jpg
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am less shocked about the shots and more shocked about the fact that you were apparently sexually active (and I hope over the age of 18) and never had a pelvic exam . . .

ETA: Just noticed the name, perhaps you aren't over 18. 

• MUD
    Formerly **eco**4k posts down the sh*tter Chart
  • imageDrBeepersWife:
    MUD

agreed. 

TTC #1 May 2007
    M/C January 2008
    DS February 16th, 2009

TTC #2 July 2010
    Diagnosed MFI
    IUI#1 w/ bravelle 5/12/11 -- 0% morph on day of IUI, but somehow BFP:
    Beta #1 38 at 12dpiui, Beta #2 85 at 14dpiui Beta #3 1100 at 19dpiui
    DD born December 28, 2011 at 34w6d

Baby #3 due June 14, 2015

• imagecvillecouple:

imageDrBeepersWife:
    MUD

agreed. 

claimed this a week ago and got flamed!

<3<3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3<3

• Yes, my parents are being supportive. Which is a huge help. And I just lost my virginity in April, if you must know, so that's why I hadn't had one yet. I still haven't heard anything back from them and I'm debating calling to see what's going on. I'm not all that worried though, at least I know my baby is safe :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"