New to The Bump
Options

Does anyone not have the NT test done...

Went in for our first appointment and the doctor gave me a phamplet about the Sequential Screen....when I told him we would talk about it, he looked at me funny! Is this just common practice....does everyone get this test done???? I just dont know if it is a necessity. Any suggestions???

Re: Does anyone not have the NT test done...

• Options
    yunk11yunk11 member
    We decided not to have it done. When we asked our Dr. if it was something we SHOULD do, she said that the test is basically an early version of the ultrasound they do at 20 weeks. Since we knew we wouldn't terminate the pregnancy we decided to just wait until the 20 week ultrasound. I think it's just a personal choice. 
    View Full Size ImageView Full Size Image
  • Options

It's totally your choice.

The vast majority of people get testing done, but there are always a few who don't want it for whatever reason.

If you don't want to do it, that's your perogative. Read the literature he gave you and go from there.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

NT scans are a hot topic here. People seem to feel very strongly about them and will argue for and against them pretty vehemently. NT scans are 100% not mandatory and many women opt to forgo them.

It is a personal decision that should be between you and your SO. Just do some research so that the decision that you make is an informed decision that is best for your family.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also think most drs would think you'd get it because the NT scan is just a u/s (if I remember correctly). So it's non-invasive. But I'm sure there's a certain %age of the time there are false positives that could get you concerned.
  • Options
    yunk11yunk11 member
    I'd also like to add that if we are lucky enough to have Baby #2 we will probably get the testing done. 
    View Full Size ImageView Full Size Image
  • Options

imageyunk11:
    We decided not to have it done. When we asked our Dr. if it was something we SHOULD do, she said that the test is basically an early version of the ultrasound they do at 20 weeks. Since we knew we wouldn't terminate the pregnancy we decided to just wait until the 20 week ultrasound. I think it's just a personal choice. 

This

Our OB seemed to not think it was necessary at all. He told  us that it's actually like 98% of the time that the test produces a false positive. That seemed like a lot of unneccessary stress when we knew nothing would really change in how we felt about our baby. Totally personal choice.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for the imput. We have decided not to go with the testing but everyone's feedback was much appreciated and put into thought :) Happy 4th of July!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"