Two Under 2
Options

Not sure where to post this?? AFLAC

Hi! Not sure where to post this but since its a baby #2 question I came here. My DH and I signed up for AFLAC today, the hospital Indemnity plan. It goes into effect Aug. 1st and so we can't get pregnant til Sept 1st so we will start trying then, but my question is did anyone have it when they had their baby and did it pay for itself? Was it easy to get payout? Did anyone get denied? I have to have a c-section for number 2 so I made sure I wouldn't be denied for knowing that...any thoughts? help? THANKS!

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimage

Re: Not sure where to post this?? AFLAC

• Options
    It depends on which policy younsigned up for, each policy has a different payout schedule, the quicker you want to start getting paid (i.e. Getting paid on day one of a hospital stay, opposed to getting paid on day 4 or 7). The sooner you get paid the more expensive the policy is. Overall it isn't worth it, but if you can time it right and just use it for your pregnancy and cancel it when it renews again you might be able to end up ahead. GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    I signed up for it just in the nick of time before getting pregnant. I signed up for the 7 day waiting plan, was the only option through my work. I had an awful time working with the hospital and HR to get AFLAC the paperwork they needed so I could be paid. I didn't get a dime until 7 weeks after delivery. My advice is make sure you know ahead of time what needs done and have yours hubs help to stay on top of it. I was busy and exhausted with the baby that i kept forgetting about it.
    I do think it paid for itself overall though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had it and it was super easy. I had one form mailed from the hospital and I got the check 9 days later!

Good Luck!

• Options

I have Aflac for everything BUT pregnancy.  It has very much paid for itself- DH is often hurt or in hospital through his job.  We figured we don't pay anything for the birth anyway.  The disability didn't work this time do to timing of the pregnancy.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"