High-Risk Pregnancy

**Weekly Lovenox Ladies Check-in**

Hi Everyone,

Its time again for our weekly check-in.  This check-in is for anyone dealing with clotting disorders, or for anyone doing once or twice daily shots of Lovenox, Heparin, Fragmin, Arixtra, etc. (you are also welcome if you are on any other blood thinners - coumadin, aspirin, etc.)  This is a place for us to share our frustrations, worries and triumphs.  What?s new this week?  How is everyone feeling?  How are your bruises?  Here is a link to our injection tips, https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/47421976.aspx

This is the growing list of Lovenox Ladies:

Mhtepa (MTHFR) ? 7/7

Abergale (FVL) ? 7/8

MoonPieMama8 (previous PE, AA) - 7/11

LoveDEEPly10707 (previous DVT) ? 7/14

Harmsmomma (APS, LA) ? 7/19

Sletcr (Prothrombin mutation and MTHFR) ? 7/22

Sky1154@aol.com (FVL) ? 7/23

Pookums (Prothrombin mutation) ? 7/25

trpIL06 (FVL) ? 7/27

angee23 (DVT)  ? 7/28

Mrs Case (MTHFR) ? 8/4

Aprileckhart (previous PE) - 8/8

Mmiller0512 (protein C) ? 8/10

Denisedugger (APS) ? 8/11

BDAVIS6 (LA) ? 8/13

Laurenharrison (FVL) ? 8/15

CHI-06 (FVL) -  8/25

Festivus (FVL homo) ? 9/19

Nidawi6 (APS) ? 9/28

Hjbarra (MTHFR) ? 10/1

Jakemsmom (previous PE) ? 10/3

ChicStylishMom2be (FVL) ? 10/10

ChrissyDipi (FVL homo) ? 10/16

CakeBatter (Protein C and S) ? 10/19

CILLAJ8 (PE) ? 11/7

704Bride (MTHFR and PAI-1) ? 11/18

Vlong4 (previous DVT) ? 11/26

Courtneyw06 (FVL) ? 11/27

LuvMyFurbaby (previous PE) ? 11/27

BipBopBoo (FVL) ? 12/1

Michellesullivan1 (Factor II) ? 12/4

Amandar72 (Protein S) ? 12/9

Dondraandluis (MTHFR, Factor II, Protein S) ? 12/15

Lexismom08 (Protein S) ? 12/26

IamAmom2B (Protein S, LA) - 1/5

Holli0303 (APS) ? 1/16

Britt_dickey (MTHFR) ? 1/18

Dani182000 (Prothrombin mutation, FVL and LA) ? 1/22

Jmbuckman (Protein S) ? 2/8

Jenifaires (FVL) ? 2/18

If this is your first week checking-in, please let us know your EDD and the reason you are on blood thinners.

QOTW:  Are you being induced?  If so, how early?

(btw - I am going to be at the beach next week, so there will be no check-in.  Hope everyone has a good holiday, and I will be back for check-in on the 14th.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

Re: **Weekly Lovenox Ladies Check-in**

• Happy 4th, yall! Switching to Heparin next week, finally getting to the home stretch!!! 24 days until we induce, I'll be 38w 5d. Big Smile
  • Hi all,

I recently moved to a different country and had to find a new OB.  My new OB said the standard procedure for women on lovenox is to stop taking it 24hrs before a planned induced date.  The OB also said I would be able to get an epidural.  BUT....My OB in the US said I have to change to heparin at 32 weeks bc the lovenox has to be comepletely out of my system. 

Have you ladies ever heard of stopping lovenox 24hrs before you are induced and still be able to get an epidural when needed??  I don't want to be at risk for a spinal hematoma or be paralyzed from the epidural. 

• Loading the player...
  • I made the switch to Heparin this week. What a debacle with he pharmacy and insurance! Luckily the nurse at my Dr's office is a Saint she cleared so many issues up. I finally picked up the correct prescription and started injections yesterday I do NOT like the syringes or the dose but overall it's not any worse than the Lovenox and like others have said I am pretty sure burns less.

Q -We talked about induction early on but since I have never had a clot or any issues and the pregnancy has had zero complications it looks like we will just be waiting for it to happen naturally.

ps. it is crazy to see my name so high up on the list now. LOL

• This is my first time checking-in!  I am on Lovenox injections once a day for homo MTHFR.  My dr put me on them 2 months before we even started to TTC which was in April 2011.  We got a BFP last week!!  EDD is 3/5/12!!!

So far I feel pretty lucky with the injections.  I am doing them in my stomach and I've had minimal bruising thus far!  I will have to stay on the injections until my 8th month in pregnancy.

We have had 3mc so I am praying hard that Lovenox will be my cure all!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageIamAmom2B:

Hi all,

I recently moved to a different country and had to find a new OB.  My new OB said the standard procedure for women on lovenox is to stop taking it 24hrs before a planned induced date.  The OB also said I would be able to get an epidural.  BUT....My OB in the US said I have to change to heparin at 32 weeks bc the lovenox has to be comepletely out of my system. 

Have you ladies ever heard of stopping lovenox 24hrs before you are induced and still be able to get an epidural when needed??  I don't want to be at risk for a spinal hematoma or be paralyzed from the epidural. 

That is what I did with my last pregnancy and it worked out fine and was able to get my epidural.  My doctor said that if by chance I go into labor before he induces that there is a medication to reverse the Lovenox. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Started my shots today. I had a dating u/s wednesday and the official EDD is 2/15.

I will have another scheduled c/s. I had DD at 38w5d and will probably do something similar this time. I had GD with my first pg and even 10 days early DD was 8lbs 13oz.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Newbie Alert!  First time checking in. :) I started lovenox this past tues. My EDD is 2/16/12. We have had 2 miscarriages prior to this pregnancy. The doctors decided to put me on progesterone and the lovenox for this 3rd pregnancy. It's nice to see I'm not alone. Good luck and God Bless to all the pregnant Moms out there.

• I'm only 17-ish weeks, so induction hasn't been discussed yet. 
  • imageidonthavethis:
    imageIamAmom2B:

Hi all,

That is what I did with my last pregnancy and it worked out fine and was able to get my epidural.  My doctor said that if by chance I go into labor before he induces that there is a medication to reverse the Lovenox. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"