Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

I don't want to go back to work... :(

I feel like the thought of going back to work at the end of August is keeping me from fully enjoying my maternity leave.  I just keep thinking...I only have 7 weeks left and it makes me super sad.  I don't want to leave my little ones.  You just can't get this time back...we do need to pay the mortgage too though. Anyone else feel the same way?  Anything you think of to make it seem better?

Re: I don't want to go back to work... :(

• Options
    I got 15 weeks off and I only have 2 more to go. I am legit DEPRESSED about it!  I went in to visit today (my hubby works at the same company) and it really hit me that i'm not sure I can do it.  I may have to quit and get rid of cable, eat PB&J for dinner, etc...   Tongue Tied
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I felt the same way. Ive been back for 10 days now. Only had a few meltdowns....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageCorinneEC:
    I felt the same way. Ive been back for 10 days now. Only had a few meltdowns....
  • Options

imageLynsiBHM:
    I may have to quit and get rid of cable, eat PB&J for dinner, etc...   Tongue Tied

This is what we're doing. Cancelling cable, eating out less, saving money.

The original plan was to take 12w after birth and then do daycare. DD being premature by 9 weeks put a kink in those plans. That would require me to go back when DD is only 3w adjusted age (not going to happen). Plus, her drs have recommended no daycare until she's 1 year old due to her compromised immune system.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options

I think about setting an example for my son that women can be successful at work as well as at home.  We can have it all and be equal.  (I know it is a little hippy, but there still is a lot of chauvinism in the world.)

Also, while I love him dearly and enjoy taking care of my family, I am looking forward to being productive and having influence in the world outside my home.

I too wish I could stay home, but it just isn't in the cards for us.  Thinking of work in this way helps me. Good luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I knew I needed to at least try. I couldn't decide to not work without having given the back-to-work/daycare thing a real shot.

And you know what? It's not really that bad. I spend as much time as possible with her (forgo lunch break to leave earlier, etc.) but when I am with her, I appreciate her so much more.  

• Options

We're lucky enough to live off just my husband's pay, but I actually went back to work my 3rd week pp and it's been great. I only work very part-time (no more than 16 hours a week) and loved where I work before I got pregnant, so both of those make it easier to leave.

I miss my daughter, and love being a SAHM; but it's nice to get out, be active (I do massage), see my friends, and make a little extra spending money. I definitely could not work full-time and be away from my home for so long though, that would be very hard. Also, my husband watches our daughter while I'm gone, so he likes the one on one time he gets with her.

• Options
    I feel the same way.  I go back on the 13th and I am already depressed. I have had a few meltdowns already...My husband and I can't afford me not to work though.  I have tried to think of everything we could give up or a new job that would allow me to work from home. I've yet to figure things out...stupid student loans are killing us!
  • Options

imagesmbeiswanger:
    I feel the same way.  I go back on the 13th and I am already depressed. I have had a few meltdowns already...My husband and I can't afford me not to work though.  I have tried to think of everything we could give up or a new job that would allow me to work from home. I've yet to figure things out...stupid student loans are killing us!

Can you defer them? 

• Options
    I feel the same way. I am dreading the end of the summer.
  • Options

I really hate my coworker but love my job if that makes sense. I am dreading going back but I have to.

We did find a really great home daycare and we really feel good about leaving Caitlin there.

I know whether I go back to my crappy work place or another either way I have to at least right now.

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Just lurking.  Really take a look at your budget and see what you can do.  Sometimes we think we can't but when you REALLY look at the #'s and what you can cut, get rid of, change, etc (selling second car? etc), sometimes it can happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"