January 2011 Moms

Clicky (If you open you must answer!)

After seeing some of these adorable babys pic's below for HDBD I was wondering how many LO's were sitting unsupported for more than a sec. [Poll]

Re: Clicky (If you open you must answer!)

• 3 votes 6 views? Really is it that hard to answer?
  • You need a "sort of" or "special snowflake" option!  DD can sit unsupported but only for about 30 seconds at a time.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Loading the player...
  • I was kinda thinking either they can sit unsupported untill they choose not to or lean for a toy etc. I voted No even though Jay can do it for a few second, but he will not stay sitting for more than that and he falls over (unintentionally).
  • I answered NO...he will usually end up leaning forward to get his toes. Or he'll tip to the side. But like if he's sitting on my lap, he can hold himself up with no problems. I would need to see him do it on purpose for longer than he does to honestly answer YES.

I think it's coming very soon though so I'm not at all worried. Just anxious to use the clip on booster seat we got for when we are at other homes/restaurants and the Jump and Jive - both require LO to sit unassisted.

I guess that's my answer there - if I won't use those items then he does NOT sit unassisted. (Sorry, I kind of talked in circles here) 

• She can stay seated for up to 30 seconds but she always falls unintentionally.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• imagemchupie:
    You need a "sort of" or "special snowflake" option!  DD can sit unsupported but only for about 30 seconds at a time.

This, I answered yes, because I figured 30 seconds is a long time in baby-time

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Julia just started sitting unsupported in few minute intervals this week.  Everyday she lasts a little longer before leaning over!  Today she even caught herself leaning over and pushed herself back up!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mick64mick64 member

DS is sitting up for probably a few minutes at a time. He does best if you hold toys out in front of him for him to grab. I think it distracts him. We tried putting him in a restaurant high chair for the first time this weekend, but he wasn't quite ready for that yet, just not enough support and too long for him to sit up on his own.

Strangely though, he has yet to roll back to tummy and very rarely rolls tummy to back.  He's starting to scoot a tiny bit (like army crawl) and trying to push up on hands and  knees, although he's not strong enough yet. I'm wondering if he's going to skip rolling over!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • RedZeeRedZee member
    Last night DD started to sit unsupported - and she was sitting for a while. Today she whined if she was in any position other than sitting up on her own. She still doesn't roll over though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"