Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Hershey Park

Dh and I are looking for some fun things to do this summer with DD. DD is going to be 8-9 months. I know she cant go on an rides and such but is there anything for little ones at hershey?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hershey Park

• Options

There's Chocolate World. They have a little sit down tour ride in there i took DD on when she was under 1. In the actual park though, no not really. They wouldn't let DD on anything even accompanied by an adult unless she could walk. Well they did sneak her on the train ride. Thats it though. Oh you know, there is a water park area with a splash pad. That might be fun to sit her in and splash around?

Hope that helps!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

In addition to what the other poster said...

They might let you in the tide pool with her (I think it's called The Shore). There is a ramp to get in instead of stairs or a ladder so you could technically stay at ankle depth, but I'm not sure if they'd allow that. The Boardwalk (the water park area) closes earlier than the rest of the park. I think around 5 or 6 pm, so make sure you don't wait too long if you want to go to that area.

You might be able to get on the Monorail and the Kissing Tower; they're just slow park tour rides.

There is a carousel. You should be allowed to sit on one of the stationary sled looking things with her.

There used to be a sea lion show in the Aquatheater. If it's still there, she might enjoy that.

Here's a link to the maps on Hershey's website... there's a part in the key that reads "No handheld infants", but I haven't had time to figure out which rides that pertains to or if it's for everything.

https://www.hersheypark.com/map/index.php

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you are looking for an amusement park where she CAN ride rides, you should check out Dutch Wonderland.  It is not far (in Lancaster) and is designed for little kids.  
    Love is a gift, not to be denied. IAmPregnant Ticker image Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    I don't know what area you live in, but Laurel Lake and Fuller Lake are really good family spots. You can take stuff along for a picnic and they both have man-made beaches.  DS loves it because you get the affect of the beach, without the harsh tides and the long travel time.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageNichie2:
    If you are looking for an amusement park where she CAN ride rides, you should check out Dutch Wonderland.  It is not far (in Lancaster) and is designed for little kids.  

DW is out.  Most if not all the rides specifically state, no hand-held infants.  I know I personally wouldn't spend $34 per person for DS to ride 2-3 rides.

Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"